Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Reunited at last!

Last year at this time, I happened upon a very cool pair of hollywood waist fleck trousers in my size, just needed taking up in the legs (yes, I kept the extra fabric). The red is a much deeper, richer red. They sold, but turns out it was my wife who bought them for me for my birthday!

speckletrouser2.jpg

speckletrouser1.jpg

speckletrouser3h.jpg

Since I got them last year, I always wondered if they had a jacket that went with them. As time went on, I got more and more convinced that there was. And all of a sudden, one showed up last month on ebay, but in 3 sizes too big. The dealer said he used to come across this suit quite a bit years ago, but its now become super rare. Bummed, I just forgot about the whole idea.

And then it happened again this week. Another one showed up, only in my size! So now Ive got a rare 50s Penneys Gentry atomic fleck suit, the most atomic of the atomic! Im super pleased with this one. Zow!

fleckjacket.jpg

fleckjacket2.jpg

davidwebb_uk

New in Town
Won some suits on eBay...

After a lot of searching I seem to have lucked out and three suits all popped up on ebay within a couple of weeks of each other. Managed to get all three of them for good prices.

I now need to find some braces but I figured I'd show you the original ebay auction pages to give you an idea. Photos will follow.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350335302173&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350335295242&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190381795581&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Comments welcome

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
WolfeMan said:
I intend to grow into it a bit, if it was a perfect fit i probably wouldn't be able to wear it for long.
Edit- For example, i bought a pair of pants around Christmas and have outgrown them since, and not all that recently.
Buying nice clothes is pretty tricky when you're still growing. And then, once you stop growing upwards, you have to try not to outgrow things sideways... :whistling

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
WolfeMan said:
I intend to grow into it a bit, if it was a perfect fit i probably wouldn't be able to wear it for long.
Edit- For example, i bought a pair of pants around Christmas and have outgrown them since, and not all that recently.

I share in your predicament. I would gladly save my money for as long as it took, and buy myself a bespoke suit, but I'd probably be grown out of it by the time it's finished! But lately, I've been slowing down, so now I can at least enjoy some of my suits for more than a month or two! lol

Cheers,

Narodnik

New in Town
Picked this up at a local flea market. I'm a 36-38 so it's way too large for me, but the fabric is pretty amazing so I'll figure something out. It doesn't appear to be used at all so it's kinda embarrassing that it even ended up at a flea market sold for nothing. e/ btw two vents in the back and non functioning surgeon's cuffs.
dress_burberry.jpg

dress_burberry2.jpg

dress_burberry3.jpg

dress_burberry4.jpg

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
Bought another suit yesterday.There are no tags indicating size or material. All photos by my little sister.
1020726.jpg

1020731.jpg

1020733.jpg

1020735.jpg

1020738.jpg

There is more variety in the colors, but this was the only photo that came out clear
1020740.jpg

1020745.jpg

1020746.jpg

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
Yeps said:
That is a very nice suit, although I imagine tweed is a bit warm right now.
I don't find it to be all that bad (yet), i wore it to school today and was fine for the most part, i did take the jacket off for rifle drill in my JROTC class.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WolfeMan said:
Bought another suit yesterday.There are no tags indicating size or material. All photos by my little sister.
Hey WolfeMan,

The new suit fits you much better than the first one. I like the color and cut, too. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

A great start in the wonderful world of suits! My first ones where not that good.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Chasseur said:
Vintage 1950s British DB 3 piece suit.

385994488.jpg

385994499.jpg

385994506.jpg

(With the little guy getting into the modeling act too ;) )

It's far too warm in Hawaii for a double breasted three piece British suit. You should send it home. I would be willing to sacrifice wardrobe space for a good cause.

;)

Seriously, nice suit. I see all these great db 3-pieces and wonder where they come from. I haven't found one in my size yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner