Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Over-did the anti wrinkle cream.

It said: "Rub cream into skin and watch the wrinkles become 'invisible!'" As you can see, the rest of me became invisible too!!

Anyway..onto the suit.

beltback30s022.jpg

beltback30s021.jpg

beltback30s020.jpg

beltback30s014.jpg

beltback30s012.jpg

beltback30s006.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Yes, you went perhaps too far good Sir, your trousers completely disappeared! :eek: :p ;)

Wow, that's some really good skin cream... so says me and Claude Rains.

PADDY said:
It said: "Rub cream into skin and watch the wrinkles become 'invisible!'" As you can see, the rest of me became invisible too!!
Anyway..onto the suit.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Found this for $10. Looks like it's hardly been worn. No shinyness, no fraying, no mothing, no yellowing. But it's a bit short. I think I can work it if I lose the cuffs.

P1070123.jpg

P1070128.jpg

P1070129.jpg

P1070130.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman that's a seriously epic suit. And at that price :eek::eek:? Congratulations on having such luck.

The owner of the vintage shop I often visit said he's found an old DB 3pc suit, but I suspect he'll be wanting a lot more than what you paid.

WineGuy

A-List Customer
My favorite suit

This is hands down my favorite suit of my entire wardrobe for many reasons. First, it's a Scabal, considered to be one of the top fabric manufacturers in the world. The suit is made in Germany and pictures can not begin to describe the quality and feel of this piece. The photo was taken by a photographer who recently came to my wineshop to do a shoot for an online project. He shot me in color but really wanted me to use the BW version and that's when I got the idea to post it to TFL. This double breasted ventless suit is in a titanium grey with a delicate window pane pattern of camel brown and sparrow blue.
I'm a thrifty shopper and the next reason I love this suit so much is that it retailed for over $3000 new and I snagged it in a thrift shop for $15. I kid you not. I spent about $80 tailoring it. The Tie is Charvet from France and retailed for about $250, I won it on ebay for $35. The shoes are Bally of Switzerland that were $600 new and I got them gently worn for $50 on ebay. Lastly, the hat is a Montecristi with a 25x25 WPI count that I purchased from PB and sent to Art for blocking and a burgundy colored hat band. All in all a $4500 ensemble for about $300!

EHbw.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner