Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
I'm excited, I just ordered a new suit from the folks at Indochino. I've been ogling their custom tailored wares for months and finally clicked the "Place Order" button; though I was convinced to take the plunge after I found a working coupon code that netted me an $80 custom cut shirt for free. Booyeah!

I opted for the Black Mod Suit, which should arrive in the next two weeks. I'll post photos as soon as I get it!

Untitled-1-11.jpg

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Hexenmeister said:
I'm excited, I just ordered a new suit from the folks at Indochino. I've been ogling their custom tailored wares for months and finally clicked the "Place Order" button; though I was convinced to take the plunge after I found a working coupon code that netted me an $80 custom cut shirt for free. Booyeah!

I opted for the Black Mod Suit, which should arrive in the next two weeks. I'll post photos as soon as I get it!

Untitled-1-11.jpg

Great Hexenmeister, I've been eying them myself for the last eight months but also hesitated to pull the trigger. I'd be really interested to know how good a job they did interpreting your measurements. The main appeal of Indochino was the concept of getting a made to measure suit so cheap.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Here's my newest suit, purchased from a Lounger. It fits me great and is the perfect summer weight.

Wish I had a better picture (I envy the terrific shots so many other Loungers are able to post), but for better or worse:

bluesuit1.jpg

(I might have another shot to add later, but I'm not sure it'll be any better).

That's my new Sunbody straw I'm wearing with it.

skyvue said:
Here's my newest suit, purchased from a Lounger. It fits me great and is the perfect summer weight.

Wish I had a better picture (I envy the terrific shots so many other Loungers are able to post), but for better or worse:

bluesuit1.jpg

(I might have another shot to add later, but I'm not sure it'll be any better).

That's my new Sunbody straw I'm wearing with it.

Looks good to me. :D :eusa_clap

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
I posted this suit a while back, but i was wondering if anyone knows how old it is? I don't think its vintage, but when looking around on the internet, i couldn't find a premier collection for Jos. A Bank, so i don't know when it was made or when these stopped being produced. The fabric is heavy, probably wool, but no tags indicating size or materials are on the jacket or pants. There is more variety in the color flecks then seen in the photo. I'll try and find a good one of me wearing it, i think i have one at home on a CD.
1020745.jpg

1020740.jpg

Thanks, Wolfe

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
It's not drastically different from the first one, but here's the promised second shot of my newly acquired summer-weight 1950s blue suit.

bluesuit2.jpg

It sure looks as though the left trouser leg is shorter than the right, but that's not the case. It fits very nicely, deceiving appearances aside.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
^ A very nice outfit. Classic.
What kind of fedora is that?

That's my new Sunbody, which has been discussed a bit in the Sunbody Association thread. I bought it with a high, open crown, had the brim trimmed to 2.5 inches and bound (they do that at Sunbody at, I think, no extra charge), and gave the crown a high teardrop bash. Then I had a navy blue ribbon put on it at J.J. Hat Center.

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
skyvue said:
It's not drastically different from the first one, but here's the promised second shot of my newly acquired summer-weight 1950s blue suit.

It sure looks as though the left trouser leg is shorter than the right, but that's not the case. It fits very nicely, deceiving appearances aside.

Very nice suit. What is the fabric content?

Great fit too. IMHO, I'd like to see you wear the trousers a little higher on the waist. Is there enough material to drop the cuffs a bit?

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Wolfmanjack said:
Very nice suit. What is the fabric content?

Great fit too. IMHO, I'd like to see you wear the trousers a little higher on the waist. Is there enough material to drop the cuffs a bit?

I do wear them high -- I guess they'd fallen a bit when I took that photo.

I'll check on the fabric content, but I'm not sure there's a tag with that info. It's a Penney's Gentry suit, so it's nothing fancy.

Feraud

Bartender
skyvue said:
That's my new Sunbody, which has been discussed a bit in the Sunbody Association thread. I bought it with a high, open crown, had the brim trimmed to 2.5 inches and bound (they do that at Sunbody at, I think, no extra charge), and gave the crown a high teardrop bash. Then I had a navy blue ribbon put on it at J.J. Hat Center.
Thanks. I browsed the thread and see your hat. The bound edge straw looks good and is perfect for this weather.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Looking a million bucks..!

That's a GREAT look you have going on there. I'm all for the 'detail,' so what time piece would you sport with that ensemble then..? (just for the finishing touches).

WineGuy said:
This is hands down my favorite suit of my entire wardrobe for many reasons. First, it's a Scabal, considered to be one of the top fabric manufacturers in the world. The suit is made in Germany and pictures can not begin to describe the quality and feel of this piece. The photo was taken by a photographer who recently came to my wineshop to do a shoot for an online project. He shot me in color but really wanted me to use the BW version and that's when I got the idea to post it to TFL. This double breasted ventless suit is in a titanium grey with a delicate window pane pattern of camel brown and sparrow blue.
I'm a thrifty shopper and the next reason I love this suit so much is that it retailed for over $3000 new and I snagged it in a thrift shop for $15. I kid you not. I spent about $80 tailoring it. The Tie is Charvet from France and retailed for about $250, I won it on ebay for $35. The shoes are Bally of Switzerland that were $600 new and I got them gently worn for $50 on ebay. Lastly, the hat is a Montecristi with a 25x25 WPI count that I purchased from PB and sent to Art for blocking and a burgundy colored hat band. All in all a $4500 ensemble for about $300!

EHbw.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner