Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Kal Kylen said:
Hello all. As this is my first post, I thought I would share some pictures with you. The location is my living room, my refuge from the perils of the modern world.

The suit is an Andrew Douglas of Scotland, the shoes are Ralph Lauren, the tie and the pocket square are vintage, and that Stoat around the lamp is quite dead I assure you.

Img_6240.jpg

Img_6246.jpg

Socks after my own taste!

Kal Kylen

New in Town
Thank you for your kind comments on my hosiery. They were a gift from my beloved; I think she bought them from Zara . On principle, I would never be seen dead in anything else they sell, but for socks, one can always bend your own rules.

KK

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
herringbonekid said:
Kal, that's a pretty classic look apart from the ear embelishments.

Yes, something a bit more subtle would be aesthetically pleasing. Too Helena Rubinstein for my taste.

Kal Kylen

New in Town
Tomasso said:
Yes, something a bit more subtle would be aesthetically pleasing. Too Helena Rubinstein for my taste.

I could tell you a boring version of why I have them, or I could narrate a far more interesting story involving Egypt, Cults, and Gods.

KK

upr_crust

New in Town
The hat came from . . .

. . . my local hat store - The Hat Corner, at Nassau & Beekman Sts. in lower Manhattan - Scala is the brand name, and I bought it for the fact that the brim is a bit narrower and the crown lower than my Borsalino - experimentation in looks.

The store has a web site, but it's not listed under the store's name, annoyingly enough. The place is good and cheap - certainly suited to my needs, and cheaper by far than Worth & Worth.

Matt Deckard said:
From where did you get the hat Upr crust?

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Thank you for all the kind comments, gents. I hope I captured some kind of essence of the era in those pictures. I am using the one as my avatar for my yearbook senior dedication page. That is the picture of myself that I will see in 20 years flipping through my yearbook.
The suit is a navy pinstripe Curlee Clothes number from the 1930's. I love the shoulders on this suit- they are perfect to me.
Henry, the shirt is a custom shirt I had made for me here in Taiwan. It's not even starched in those pictures. The key using a collar bar. It makes it snugger around the tiny 30's tie knot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt