Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
301130243_l.gif

Puc heavy. My apologies

Here's one that dropped into my lap. I thought i'd show it before i sell it. 40L just wayyyy too big for moi. This will appear in the classifieds here in late January or early February. Then onto eBay. Or you can PM me if you're really interested.

A beautiful brown-ish suit with an orangey overcheck (see weave on last pic of label at bottom of the post). Works perfectly with that peach pink fedora [sniff, wish this suit fit me]. Late 40s or early 50s 2 button SB. Flapless pockets and ventless back. Nicely nipped waist - no pinning to the mannequin, here!

HavesonsCheckJacketFront.jpg
HavesonsCheckJacketBack.jpg

I'm a firm believer in the idea that the well cut arm of a suit jacket is one of the most sublime and graceful things to brighten our lives. What thinks you? This is a thing of beauty.

HavesonsCheckJacketSide.jpg

6 button waistcoat with the back made of luxurious silk (maybe rayon) satin.

HavesonsCheckWaistcoatFront.jpg
HavesonsCheckWaistcoatBack.jpg

Skeleton lining with taped seams.

HavesonsCheckLiningFront.jpg
HavesonsCheckLiningBack.jpg

I've only seen this detail on an overcoat i own. This is the inside of one of the waist pockets. Just a patch with taped edges, but i think it's cool all the same.

HavesonsCheckLiningPocket.jpg

And the labels. This was a ready made suit from Haveson's in Trenton, NJ. And that label you can see on the pic of the back lining, halfway up the back says "Goodimate Tailored. Clothes that Satisfy".

HavesonsCheckLabel1.jpg
HavesonsCheckLabel2.jpg

pics of the trousers to come.

bk

And here are the trousers to this suit.

Overview of the general trousers shape and a close-up showing the watch pockat and waistband. Slight taper towards the cuff but the cuffs are still 19".

HavesonsCheckTrousersOverview.jpg
HavesonsCheckTrousersWatchPocket.jpg

One of the back pockets is buttoned.

HavesonsCheckTrousersBackPocket.jpg

Fly is a heavy metal zip. Fastens at the inside waistband with two buttons. There are suspender buttons. The apron and pockets are constructed of the same silky satin that lines the jacket and forms the back of the waistcoat.

HavesonsCheckTrousersZipEtc.jpg

And i'm assuming this label is from the maker of the lining material. I'm a label junky. I must say i like the design of this label alot.

HavesonsCheckTrousersLabel.jpg

bk

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So many grand suits, so many refined gentlemen sporting them!

Baron, you've got an eye for the details. That is indeed a sublime suit.

Barry, what can I say? The suit is outstanding on its own, but the lid, the tie, the look - I love your style, it suits you (no pun intended) so well.

JP, I dig the colour of that suit!

Here's another that's just about to be trimmed from my wardrobe. Made by Desmond's of California, it is in dark brown Donegal Tweed. Very nice indeed. 3 patch pockets on the front of the jacket, and 1936 or 1939 union tags. A beauty in size 40 S (i'm guessing; short-ish jacket, anyways).

Desmonds1.jpg
Desmonds2.jpg

Desmonds3.jpg
Desmonds4.jpg

Desmonds5.jpg

Various shots of the jacket lining

Desmonds6.jpg
Desmonds7.jpg

Desmonds8.jpg

The trousers are unhemmed on this one. pics to follow.

bk

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Nice one - reminds me of a jacket I had at age 16 or so (back when I was your size!). A pal of mind wanted to borrow clothes for a date and asked, "Do you have tweed?" This was my only tweed at the time, so I showed him. He said: "No. Tweed!" [huh] I showed him my herringbone cheviot suit coat and he said "That's tweed!"

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Here are two suits that I recently came across--I'd very much appreciate help dating them... I know they're quite old..

First one : charcoal gray w/ darker windowpane

P1010002-2.jpg

Wide Lapels

P1010003-3.jpg

Pleats(? would like help with terminology) on back shoulders:

P1010005-1.jpg

Belt Back

P1010006-3.jpg

Cool vest

P1010007-1.jpg

Fairly wide cuffs

P1010008-2.jpg

Thin Belt loops

P1010009-3.jpg

Button fly

P1010010-2.jpg

Cool Label

P1010011-1.jpg

Clearest pic of union label

P1010012-1.jpg

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Second Suit

This may very well be a tuxedo but I have no idea...this one must be VERY old. i have no idea really what to call this...

There is a piece of metal on the slacks that says PAT'D 1890... however, couldnt get a clear pic of it.

The jacket is quite long (about halfway past my knees) yet the sleeves fit me just fine at 5' 7"

It has some very interesting buttons! they seem like metal or metallic plastic

P1010014-1.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010015-1.jpg

P1010005-3.jpg

Jay

Practically Family
Where did this stuff come from? That gray suit looks great and I can honestly say I've never seen anything like that black jacket before. And I think the gray DB is early 30s. But someone'll (smarter) will probably say otherwise.

the grey DB is certainly from the 30s. Amazing. I bid on these (i was the one who drove you up so much) beause i wanted to sell them. They were unbelievably badly listed . . . I was hoping noone else would have seen them. Then i had to leave work early so couldn't put on my standard last second bid. If the db doesn't fit you i'd be very happy to take it off your hands :p he he

I think the seller said that the frock coat was seen in a family photo from 1937. So it may have been made earlier for some family patriarch or other, but certainly before the 40s.

bk

:rage: Another one that's too big for me. A beautiful 30s Herringbone tweed. But then, i have one similar that fits, so it's not such a horror as that Donegal. This suit is super heavy, even for vintage. Very nice fabric.

2 piece suit with SB notch lapel jacket.

BondHerringbone1.jpg
BondHerringbone2.jpg

It features those great creased sleeves from the 30s. Man, i can't get enough of these. The buttons are excellent too.

BondHerringbone3.jpg
BondHerringbone7.jpg
BondHerringbone10.jpg

Skeleton lined and seams taped in rich burgundy satin.

BondHerringbone5.jpg
BondHerringbone4.jpg

Close-up of the fabric, and the union tag dates it to the mid-30s to early-40s.

BondHerringbone8.jpg
BondHerringbone9.jpg

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn