Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

The real Henry

Practically Family
Don't get me wrong, I like the suit, but for a 1930s one it looks pretty strange. The lapels look more like the one on a 70s suit, the pants are quite tapered and don't have suspender buttons!?:confused: [huh]

Regards,
Henrik

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
very good book. I have my copy next to me.

APC1.jpg

The real Henry said:
Don't get me wrong, I like the suit, but for a 1930s one it looks pretty strange. The lapels look more like the one on a 70s suit, the pants are quite tapered and don't have suspender buttons!?:confused: [huh]

Regards,
Henrik

You're talking about the herringbone one, right? If so, i see what you're saying.

I reckon this is exactly the style of 30s lapel they copied in the 70s (recall that they were trying - and failing miserably - to recreate the 30s aesthetic). The trousers ain't so tapered: still 19" at the cuffs. They are pretty big through the thighs giving the taper, and i think this was a custom job, so maybe the light taper is what the customer wanted.

bk

benstephens

Practically Family
In England, the latest cut in 1938 according to the tailors magazines was to have the trousers more tapered, and not so wide as the previous year, by 1939, the width had increased again.

Ben

'nuvver shot of the black 30s DB 3-piece i recently posted in "Black" thread. God, how i hate photographing black garments . . . nice short jacket w/ high button stance (note the height fof the nipple covers) on this one. And finally a jacket with arms that don't need shortened to fit me (though these are *a little* long for my tastes, i can live with them . . .)

BlackDB3.jpg

bk

The real Henry

Practically Family
Here are two recent pics of my 40s midnight blue DB suit with a 40s Stetson 3X Beaver and Stacy Adams' Daytons:

4cuzrsk.jpg

3z8ce9w.jpg

I wore everything to a ball of my dacing class and got a very nice comment from the dancing teacher. He asked where these great 40s swing clothes. I then told him about the american ebay as being to best way to get vintage suit and accesoires. The music and the dancing were very nice, as well as my partner!;)

Regards,
Henrik

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
The real Henry said:
Here are two recent pics of my 40s midnight blue DB suit with a 40s Stetson 3X Beaver and Stacy Adams' Daytons:

4cuzrsk.jpg

3z8ce9w.jpg

I wore everything to a ball of my dacing class and got a very nice comment from the dancing teacher. He asked where these great 40s swing clothes. I then told him about the american ebay as being to best way to get vintage suit and accesoires. The music and the dancing were very nice, as well as my partner!;)

Regards,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Wow, you look fantastic. Didn't the girls give any comments?

anselmo1

One of the Regulars
Which suit to wear at my

This is my favorite suit which I feel is very conservative! Should I wear it to my college reunion? I was told that the late Duke of Windsor had this same suit in his closet that he wore on special occasions.
31128628_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters