Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Check to see if there are any buttonholes. This would indeed be rather early to see a zipper in trousers, but by no means impossible. Zippers were quite common by the middle 20s, but usually clunky and industrial, not really elegant enough for a trousers fly.

If there are no buttonholes, though, you have to conclude the zipper is original. And if there are no buttonholes, I would therefore love to see good quality close-up images of the pull, the teeth and the stopper teeth!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Ah but buttons require such elaborations in tongue use that they are also interesting ;)

oh the Lounge... first you make get interested in all sorts of things that "I have to buy" and run up my credit card bill... and now you place unforgetable images in my head...

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Got a screamin' deal on this suit. Dated 1932, the seller states that there are some stains. I don't see anything too bad in the photos so I'm hoping they're minor. The listing was pretty new, I got lucky on the timing with this one.

No pics of the back, going to assume it's just a plain back.

001-11.jpg

002-10.jpg

004-8.jpg

Grey Fox

New in Town
Heavy Harris tweed suit

My first post. Here is a Harris tweed suit I found on eBay. It's quite heavy tweed, with large-ish lapels; probably 70s?

8093605200_40ca404587_z.jpg

8093601941_cfb6c258bc_z.jpg

Jacket only -

8093638260_c575fb7c75_z.jpg
[/url]

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Got a screamin' deal on this suit. Dated 1932, the seller states that there are some stains. I don't see anything too bad in the photos so I'm hoping they're minor. The listing was pretty new, I got lucky on the timing with this one.

No pics of the back, going to assume it's just a plain back.

001-11.jpg

002-10.jpg

004-8.jpg

That is a SWEET suit!! Best of luck with the stains. With luck, they're all on the inside!! That's the curse of white/cream/ivory clothes...they dirty up so easy...

By the way, what's it made of? Linen? Wool? Cotton?

Tenorclef

One of the Regulars
These taken at a vintage weekend at Whitby October 2012.

MrK.jpg

MrP.jpg

The top photo is a brown herringbone Harris Tweed suit and the bottom photo is a Montague Burton two piece early 1960's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner