Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
8093601941_cfb6c258bc_z.jpg

I have a length of very similar Harris tweed to do up in a 3-piece. Some day.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
That explains it then, too small so I would'nt be watching it!
In honesty I have never bought a 3 piece, never seen one in my size, oh I tell a lie I did buy a wool mix one early last year from the 80's just for the waistcoat, a mid grey striped DB number, well made and a good weight of fabric not the usual 80's dross...the trousers were only a 34" waist so went to the son who wears them for work.......3 pieces are certainly uncommon at least in my neck of the woods, I live for the day when I find a 40's/50's suit such as yours in that condition 3 button, high waisted 3 piece....one can but dream!!!

Patrick-Pong

Banned
My latest suit made here in Bangkok, Thailand by "New Stitches" its in a pale grey prince of wales check with 24" wide pants high gorge and six buttons extra wide shoulder and lapel detail

8079989154_30edb018fe_b.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Badger

Practically Family
I bagged my first three-piece today, in a really nice POW check with brown lines running thru it – tailor-made in HK during 1976, but it's simply a classic British country suit... double pleats, suspender buttons (no belt loops) & cuffs; a four-pocket vest, and the jacket has a long centre vent, is slightly waisted and has such nice touches as working cuffs, all in a medium weight, very tightly woven wool, and lined in satin... being 6' 4" I'd pretty much given up finding a vintage English suit in my size, but this one's a doozy! The vest isn't pictured as I needed to damp press the back and deal with a couple of marks, but otherwise it's very clean...

Am gonna wear it with my chocolate brown Lock & Co. fedora and 1950s suede gibsons next Saturday, for our Halloween club nite – yes, I'm going as Lord Lucan! :D

375890_10152180247900471_500134800_n.jpg

Last edited:

Cobden

Practically Family
Lord Lucan? Fantastic. You'll be wearing the correct club or regimental tie, I trust?

Old Etonian (navy blue with thin white diagonal stripes) and Guards Brigade (Navy and Red diagonal stripes) ties are both relatively easy to get; Clermont Club rather harder, I'd imagine

Mr Badger

Practically Family
I was planning to get an old Etonian or a Guards tie to finish off the outfit, as you fellows have suggested, but they don't really go with the suit and, mores the point, if Lucky Lucan were hiding out, would he be wearing anything by which he could be readily identified?

But as a sop to the other Halloween partygoers, I did order a badge to wear on my lapel:

$(KGrHqJ,!mIE2EW0cs8OBNuTKKN6Gg~~0_35.JPG

sh71382

New in Town
Wow these are definitely some really good looking suits! My jealousy mainly extends to the fact that it is extremely difficult for fat guys like me to find good vintage clothing, and very expensive to have stuff made. Yeah losing weight is a good way, but it takes ages lol and constantly changing sizes, thusly more money. I like looking good as I drop the weight but why does it have to be soooo hard lol. Great examples gents! I am so glad I found this place, its nice to know so many others enjoy the styles and types of looks I do! Cheers! -Steve from MN

Grey Fox

New in Town
That's a lovely PoW check suit. My favourite check - it's the nearest to the perfect suit that can be worn in both town and country (although some may disagree). Enjoy being lord Lucan!

Mr Badger

Practically Family
That's a lovely PoW check suit. My favourite check - it's the nearest to the perfect suit that can be worn in both town and country (although some may disagree). Enjoy being lord Lucan!

Thanks for the kind words, despite the rotten pics. I concur with you about the nonsense that is 'don't wear brown in town', I should think that at this point in our history, it's moot! :D

Just had a spin through your blog, BTW, excellent! I often wear blue and brown together, works a treat – here's my 1950s Oakbrook fleck suit & blue jersey, edge-bound Paul Smith waistcoat, worn with a chocolate Lock & Co fedora (originally a homburg, I re-blocked it), brown 1950s rayon tie and brown & white spectators:

10244_10152177206510471_2135004642_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy