Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

metropd

One Too Many
reetpleat said:
Well, let's face it. The guys in the illustrations in the cutaway coats and striped pants and canes withe moustaches look great. But who could really pull that one off?

I could, at least that is what I think....except the moustache.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
metropd said:
I'm quite aware, but there is not alot of people or posts on that website.

I'm kind of mad no one will tell me because I really like Marc and thought he had alot to offer. I know I am being nosey but this is kind of personal and wish someone would just pm me about this. That way I could leave this at rest with out this whole "conspiracy."

To be clear, I meant Ask Andy About Clothes, not Club Cad, which is what I think you thought I meant. :)

Feraud

Bartender
metropd said:
I'm kind of mad no one will tell me because I really like Marc and thought he had alot to offer. I know I am being nosey but this is kind of personal and wish someone would just pm me about this. That way I could leave this at rest with out this whole "conspiracy."
There is no conspiracy involved. If a member is no longer active that is their personal business to share or not.

We should respect that.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Feraud said:
There is no conspiracy involved. If a member is no longer active that is their personal business to share or not.

We should respect that.

I think Metro simply got confused because Matt had earlier said that he would not allow Marc to return.

iammatt

Familiar Face
Patrick Murtha said:
To be clear, I meant Ask Andy About Clothes, not Club Cad, which is what I think you thought I meant. :)

I think he was quickly banned from that site, but I have no idea why. it is too bad, because in his week as a member, he added more content than the place has seen in a year.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
iammatt said:
I think he was quickly banned from that site, but I have no idea why. it is too bad, because in his week as a member, he added more content than the place has seen in a year.

Weird!! (and by the way, hi Matt, "topbroker" from AAAC and SF here, but you undoubtedly figured that out).

Marty M.

Vendor
iammatt said:

Now if we could only get Iammatt to post some pictures of his outstanding wardrobe. Matt, if there ever was a "Style Council", you would be on the Board of Directors.
Marty Mathis

iammatt

Familiar Face
Marty M. said:
Now if we could only get Iammatt to post some pictures of his outstanding wardrobe. Matt, if there ever was a "Style Council", you would be on the Board of Directors.
Marty Mathis

Thanks, Marty.

I have nothing vintage, and perhaps am a bit out of sync with the prevailing style here, but if I can think of any interesting pictures, I will be sure to post them in this thread.

metropd

One Too Many
Jerekson said:
I think Metro simply got confused because Matt had earlier said that he would not allow Marc to return.

Yes, I got really confused and thought Matt was serious. No need for me to dig deeper. I do hope he comes back though, and I will leave it at that.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
There is no conspiracy... Marc is actually just on hiatus, yet I'll be cataloguing his attire until he sees fit to return.

l_fd99785bc5162f2f0e7e1ce16b648068.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
mike said:
Can you guys date this?

Looking at the union tag it's pre-1949. But you might have already known that. Others who are better at the details will have to chime in here if you want a more accurate date.

Whatever it is, I think I'm in love with it...beautiful fabric, that.

mike

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
Looking at the union tag it's pre-1949. But you might have already known that.

Whatever it is, I think I'm in love with it...

thank you! It's a very strange material though! It almost feels like a sport jersey material! that's not the best connection, but I'm not sure what to compare it to otherwise... :eusa_doh:

mike

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard said:
Looks late 30's early 40's

Very straight lapels on that one.

Well I look forward to your opinion on the material next time we see each other then! Union Tag and cut is one thing, but I just can't identify the fabric, it's like no 30's suit material I've ever felt. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80