Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard has seen this suit. . .

But I doubt any other loungers have. See more of the pants here.

suit.jpg
suit4.jpg
suit2.jpg
suit3.jpg

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Outstanding as always Resortes! Do I detect the fine handiwork of Mr Avalos there? Forget Joe Mantegna, you should've played George Raft in Bugsy looking that sharp.

Mike, that fabric is smooth! Look at that waistcoat . . . I want one!

Vintage Betty

Mr. Rover said:
I like them in illustrations more than on real people- it's an interesting and high class look but very few people pull it off, IMHO. I love the 3-piece black suit, but for some reason the odd vest looks strange to me...the look SHOULD work, but for some reason, it feels off.

I think it's the angle of the camera. If he was in studio lighting, shot straight on, it would probably look more normal and in balance. I think the lines cutting across his body from a top down angle are forcing your eyes to see him out of balance.

Or maybe not. :p

Vintage Betty

mike

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty said:
Can you guys date this?

Late 1920's early 1930's. I could tell more if I could see that entire label with the details.

Vintage Betty

Oh yeah? I will take a better picture when I get home then, is there any kind of online guide for Union Tag updates over the years? I -think- it says under the "of" of "Workers of" 1939, but i could be mistaken... a crisp high res picture will be posted soon, thanks a ton for your help! :D

Vintage Betty

mike said:
Oh yeah? I will take a better picture when I get home then, is there any kind of online guide for Union Tag updates over the years? I -think- it says under the "of" of "Workers of" 1939, but i could be mistaken... a crisp high res picture will be posted soon, thanks a ton for your help! :D

There is a thread on the Lounge called Union Labels. I'd do a title search for the thread titled Union, and follow the links to the sites which contain details and pictures. You might easily find your label there.

I'm pretty surprised this suit is as late as 1939. I'm not an expert in men's suits by any means, but there are a few indicators that led me to believe this was a suit of an earlier year. I learned something new today! :)

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

resortes805 said:
But I doubt any other loungers have. See more of the pants here.

suit.jpg

This is an amazing suit. Just gorgeous. I think I have a woman's suit with some of these details, so if I find it, I will post it to compare.

Is this vintage or custom?

Vintage Betty

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty said:
This is an amazing suit. Just gorgeous. I think I have a woman's suit with some of these details, so if I find it, I will post it to compare.

Is this vintage or custom?

Vintage Betty

Custom repro by this guy.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm pretty surprised this suit is as late as 1939. I'm not an expert in men's suits by any means, but there are a few indicators that led me to believe this was a suit of an earlier year. I learned something new today!

Betty, the union label make it pretty easy. The next label date is 1949 so the suit is betwenen 1939 and 1949 but seems to have earlier detail.

Feraud

Bartender
Not sure if I ever posted this suit here. This is a vintage Kuppenheimer suit. The hat is a Rene Menard by way of Mr Rover.
The photo was taken at my recent dinner with Shearer and Mr Bern.
DSC04426-1.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard said:
Check out the direction of the fabric on this one.

Marc Chevalier
l_cec14d23c532a18b4db1ad83cb5b4fc9.jpg

that is really a fascinating suit! Love to see more angles or any info on where it originated from or where he found it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points