Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Here's a few of my favorites

Here's one of my favorites. 49 union tag double breast. Pink chalk-stripe with a sort of herringbone windowpane weave.
IMG_0491.jpg

Brown 3 piece herringbone. Total early 40's cut but, surprisingly with a1949 union tag.
rave8.jpg

Double breast navy wool gabardine, '39 union.
JDspeakeasy.jpg

Not a suit per say, but the look on PDXvintagette's face is priceless!
rave7.jpg

Wooster

New in Town
It was made in pre-communist Shanghai. Which means pre 1949, I don't know if it's 30's or 40's... maybe people in the lounge could tell me.

Here's a picture of the fabric.

img0211nk9.png

Sorry that it's out of focus slightly, my camera isn't that great (anymore).

GBR

One of the Regulars
Wooster said:
It was made in pre-communist Shanghai. Which means pre 1949, I don't know if it's 30's or 40's... maybe people in the lounge could tell me.

Sorry that it's out of focus slightly, my camera isn't that great (anymore).

It would be interesting to be of Chinese origin from that period.

Can you tell us more about the detailing - inside the jacket pockets and lining etc, labels.

Trousers - are they button fly, high waist side seem or slant pockets, how many back pockets, how do they fasten, lined trousers etc.

Alternately photos would be good.

All this helps to identify it and benchmark for when another interesting suit appears.

benstephens

Practically Family
Yes it is a lovely suit Wooster. I would be interested as GBR say's in the detailing, lining etc.

From the picture it looks as though it may be flannel, but very hard to see as my laptop does not have the best of screens.

Do you know who tailored it?

Kindest Regards

Ben

benstephens

Practically Family
That is very interesting. I suspect it was for the foreign market in Shanghai, such as British diplomats etc. The construction is that of a European suit, and I know many foreign tailors were trained in London.

Very nice suit, and very unusual.

Kindest Regards

Ben

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It was 'cool' enough today to give this an early outing.

All wool, (feels bombproof) mint wartime British DB Montague Burton 3pc 6x4, navy with alternate cream & sky blue stripe. Complimented by light grey 30's Italian Barbisio furry fedora.

Burtons1940suit006.jpg

Burtons1940suit007.jpg

Jerekson

One Too Many
Down2BDapper said:
I assume you're talking to me Jerekson. If not I'm sorry for being presumptuous. Anyway, it is made by Albert Nipon and I got it at my local K & G for $150.00.

Yeah, I was. Sorry, I didn't realize that my post would be kicked to the next page.

Great suit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff