Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Wolfmanjack said:
The point is that the finished product should look very casual...almost messy. Don't fuss with it; just do it.

Oviattalone.jpg

OV1.jpg

sproily

Practically Family
Here's a new one I bought for 1€ ($1.5)

Ice on my face also

_yahh.jpg

The reason i'm not showing the rest is because there isn't any. No pants. Wish I had blue ones but I don't. Could try a pair of brown ones tho I don't know how that will end up. We'll see.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
sproily said:
The reason i'm not showing the rest is because there isn't any. No pants. Wish I had blue ones but I don't. Could try a pair of brown ones tho I don't know how that will end up. We'll see.

That's a fantastic hat. And you've got a great look going on there.

Regarding the pants: light colored khakis or cream pants would go perfectly here, especially if you have two tone wingtips.

Good luck! :)

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
sproily said:

It looks like you've got a very good fit in the chest and shoulders. Can't judge the rest, of course. I really like the widely-spaced pinstripes and the classic 6/4 DB closure. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

sproily

Practically Family
Mr. 'H' said:
That's a fantastic hat. And you've got a great look going on there.

Regarding the pants: light colored khakis or cream pants would go perfectly here, especially if you have two tone wingtips.

Good luck! :)

Thanks! The hat is a vintage 20's Austin Reed. Got it from ebay.co.uk for £30.

Yeah I was wondering about the khakis. I'll have to get some for $1,50 also :)

EDIT.
_how is this.jpg

here's my favorite suit. It was a find at a recycling center. 2 piece suit for 2€

cookie

I'll Lock Up
sproily said:
Thanks! The hat is a vintage 20's Austin Reed. Got it from ebay.co.uk for £30.

Yeah I was wondering about the khakis. I'll have to get some for $1,50 also :)

EDIT.
_how is this.jpg

here's my favorite suit. It was a find at a recycling center. 2 piece suit for 2€

Beautiful cut and good colour for you. Dig the lapels!

cptjeff

Practically Family
Needs a hat. Medium brown, brim a little longer then 2"...

But nice jacket. I like the vest too, nice contrast in pattern. Digging that tie on you too. Not one for me, but it looks good.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Sproily

Just to show you everything old is new again here is this season's linen jacket from famous Paris identity Marc Guyot. Hence my point how cool your suit is...Guyot was trying a vintage 30s vibe from memory. Yours fits like Made to Measure.

_how is this.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Back in Asia for a semester...which means some new custom clothes.
For those with long memories, you may remember my linen suit that was posted a few years ago, made in Hong Kong by Sam's Tailor. It was shown again recently on the Sartorialist.
Previously, I had tried to use a Shanghainese tailor without much luck in getting a garment up to my standards (aka they now just take up space in a suitcase stuffed in the closet and may never see the light of day again).
Soo...this time, knowing that Chinese tailors can get things done right if nudged in the right direction, I brought in a 1940s jacket, 2 pairs of pants I wanted copied, and some vintage reference pictures (thanks Marc Chevalier!). For a custom jacket and two pairs of pants...I racked up a bill of $120 +/-...less than 1/4 of what I paid in Hong Kong.

And the result:

P1050081.jpg

4x4 DB, mid-grey 13-14oz. flannel with patch pockets, half lined, 1 pair of slim flat front trousers, 1 pair of double pleated wider legged trousers. May go back to swap out the buttons for brown or wooden ones

When the weather cools down enough, more pictures will come. TBC...

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Rover said:
Back in Asia for a semester...which means some new custom clothes.
For those with long memories, you may remember my linen suit that was posted a few years ago, made in Hong Kong by Sam's Tailor. It was shown again recently on the Sartorialist.
Previously, I had tried to use a Shanghainese tailor without much luck in getting a garment up to my standards (aka they now just take up space in a suitcase stuffed in the closet and may never see the light of day again).
Soo...this time, knowing that Chinese tailors can get things done right if nudged in the right direction, I brought in a 1940s jacket, 2 pairs of pants I wanted copied, and some vintage reference pictures (thanks Marc Chevalier!). For a custom jacket and two pairs of pants...I racked up a bill of $120 +/-...less than 1/4 of what I paid in Hong Kong.

And the result:

P1050081.jpg

4x4 DB, mid-grey 13-14oz. flannel with patch pockets, half lined, 1 pair of slim flat front trousers, 1 pair of double pleated wider legged trousers. May go back to swap out the buttons for brown or wooden ones

When the weather cools down enough, more pictures will come. TBC...

Ray empty your box = incoming PMs~!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Early 40's SB Peak lapel. (pics)

Early 40's SB Peak lapel 2 pc English suit (full lining). Indications show that this suit was custom made for someone with a bit of money. Little things like a silk gusset support on the inside crotch area of the pants and silk lined sleeves. A beautiful navy blue 'Bird's Eye' woven wool fabric. Lovely high waisted, button fly front pants with buttoned front watch pocket and wallet pocket to rear. For early 40's when Britain had been at war since the end of '39, well, this must have cost a packet for the standard of tailoring and components.
Great hour-glass silhoette shape to the jacket. I need a 'few' adaptions (ie: pant length), but all-in-all a beauty of a suit.

So this is 'today's' wear at work (I'm typing this on my lunchbreak!).

SINGLEBREASTPEAKEDLAPEL40sEnglis-8.jpg

SINGLEBREASTPEAKEDLAPEL40sEnglis-7.jpg

SINGLEBREASTPEAKEDLAPEL40sEnglis-6.jpg

SINGLEBREASTPEAKEDLAPEL40sEnglis-5.jpg

SINGLEBREASTPEAKEDLAPEL40sEnglis-4.jpg

SINGLEBREASTPEAKEDLAPEL40sEnglis-3.jpg

SINGLEBREASTPEAKEDLAPEL40sEnglis-1.jpg

SINGLEBREASTPEAKEDLAPEL40sEnglishcu.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member