Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

sproily

Practically Family
A really working composition there Paddy. And that hat sure is nice. It's a light gray if the pictures don't lie?

Makes me wonder when I will see a light tan fedora at a fleamarket.. Can't seem to find them too easily.

_ste.jpg

I tried my detachable double round on the blue DB I have.. I'm not sure it's better than the tan shirt though.. What do you others think?

edit. and yes I'm aware my cuff is undone :)

mike

Call Me a Cab
sproily said:
A really working composition there Paddy. And that hat sure is nice. It's a light gray if the pictures don't lie?

Makes me wonder when I will see a light tan fedora at a fleamarket.. Can't seem to find them too easily.

_ste.jpg

I tried my detachable double round on the blue DB I have.. I'm not sure it's better than the tan shirt though.. What do you others think?

edit. and yes I'm aware my cuff is undone :)

hey brother, that must be some tailoring job! :eek:
2620718350087794437qzGPCt_ph.jpg

sproily

Practically Family
If you're referring to the jacket:

No, it's something I just grabbed with me on the way out. (Well that turned out sarcastic, none intended. :p )

If you're referring to the photoshopping:

No, I'm siamese :whistling

mike

Call Me a Cab
sproily said:
If you're referring to the jacket:

No, it's something I just grabbed with me on the way out. (Well that turned out sarcastic, none intended. :p )

If you're referring to the photoshopping:

No, I'm siamese :whistling

Yes, a DOUBLEbreasted suit that would have come in very useful for Chang and Ang! lol

mikeroberts

New in Town
First post on TFL!

For my first post here on TFL, a really grainy iPhone pic of my first DB suit. I'm a professional-ish Lindy Hop dancer living in Austin, TX, trying to get more into the vintage world. I was really excited to find this suit at a little shop in Seattle.

IMG_0356.jpg

I'm currently on the hunt for shirts and ties. I've had good luck finding suits lately, but I have no idea how to get good shirts and ties for them, leading me to join this awesome community!

(If your at all interested in seeing Lindy Hop, here's a routine my wife and I recently competed with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcpWuRDfkr4)

mikeroberts

New in Town
sproily said:
That suit fits you so well! A good buy!

I'll have to check that link later

Thanks! My wife is my tailor. She can't make things from scratch, but she's a wizz at ripping stuff apart and putting them back together. I once picked up a cheap XXL vest from Ross just to see if she'd even consider making it fit me, and now its perfect!

sproily

Practically Family
mikeroberts said:
Thanks! My wife is my tailor. She can't make things from scratch, but she's a wizz at ripping stuff apart and putting them back together. I once picked up a cheap XXL vest from Ross just to see if she'd even consider making it fit me, and now its perfect!

Oh man that is nice. Perhaps I'll have to encourage my girlfriend to get more in to it also :)

Lovely dancing! We were thinking of trying some of that too some time..

mikeroberts

New in Town
sproily said:
Oh man that is nice. Perhaps I'll have to encourage my girlfriend to get more in to it also :)

Lovely dancing! We were thinking of trying some of that too some time..

Haha good luck with that! Laura got her training in the theatre department's costume shop in college. Hopefully soon she's going to attempt to make the arm holes higher on one of my suit jackets. Dancing in most of my suits is kind of a pain because the arm holes make the shoulders get all weird. It would be amazing to have the range of motion that James Cagney has in the pics in this thread.

sproily

Practically Family
She'd want to learn it herself also :) She just needs someone to teach her around a bit..

So it's not totally unheard of :)

That range looks amazing..

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
mikeroberts said:
she's going to attempt to make the arm holes higher on one of my suit jackets.
shakeshead While I'm sure that she's quite handy with a needle you won't find even top bespoke tailors willing to monkey around with this alteration. Now if you wanted to effectively raise the armscye you could add more shoulder padding. [huh]

sproily

Practically Family
I posted this in the new members thread, but I thought this would be better

_n1290474143_30104394_3359251%20(1).jpg

This is my white tie. I bought the coat, pants and shirt from a theatre yard sale. Was like 20€.. It's tailored for a show so it's missing for example the lining and chest pocket. But thats about it.

The vest is from a thrift store.

ps. Sorry for the shot. It isn't really meant to showcase the costume :)

ps. anyone have a spare topper? :D

cookie

I'll Lock Up
mikeroberts said:
For my first post here on TFL, a really grainy iPhone pic of my first DB suit. I'm a professional-ish Lindy Hop dancer living in Austin, TX, trying to get more into the vintage world. I was really excited to find this suit at a little shop in Seattle.

IMG_0356.jpg

I'm currently on the hunt for shirts and ties. I've had good luck finding suits lately, but I have no idea how to get good shirts and ties for them, leading me to join this awesome community!

(If your at all interested in seeing Lindy Hop, here's a routine my wife and I recently competed with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcpWuRDfkr4)

Sensational ...effortless...

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Here's that 1930s Fashion Park suit I posted about earlier in this thread.

My alterations lady let down the arms and also told me she could do a reweaving job on the sleeve hole, so I gave her a chance. It's far from perfect but I can't complain now that the hole is darn hard to spot and she threw in the reweave for free.

I sacrificed the cuffs on the trousers and added faux cuffs, 2" deep like the originals. I squeezed all the length I could out of those trousers and they're still about 1"-2" short for proper wear with the vest (no shirt showing between vest and trousers).

I don't know if I'll wear the vest underneath the jacket again since it's rarely seen. Though even if I do, I never open the jacket so the shirt poking out will never be seen. Win/win either way.

I'm very happy with this suit, the silhouette is perfection to my eye. The broad shoulders and nipped waist of the jacket along with the full cut of the trousers really balance out well.

me158.jpg

me159.jpg

Note the waistband peeking from under the vest. A couple inches too short!
me160.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
mikeroberts said:
Do you think that would keep the suit from moving around so much when I'm dancing?
Well, it would certainly stabilize the jacket to some degree but you would probably have even greater shoulder issues.[huh]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
A great suit and picture of you both. Welcome to FL. I must say you have the posture and pose of a dancer in this pic. Your wife is lovely and are you so lucky that she is a tailor!

mikeroberts said:

IMG_0356.jpg

murena

One of the Regulars
sproily said:
Here's a new one I bought for 1€ ($1.5)

Ice on my face also

_yahh.jpg

The reason i'm not showing the rest is because there isn't any. No pants. Wish I had blue ones but I don't. Could try a pair of brown ones tho I don't know how that will end up. We'll see.

congratulation, this looks very good, and the price was also very good ;)
i think also, this looks like it would be made for you - perfekt!

murena

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk