Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Today I FINALLY got (some) of the attachments for my grandmother's SINGER SEWING MACHINE!

WHOO HOO!!!

And an original Singer manual as well.

Today's finds:

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

Not entirely sure what everything is. I recognise the seam-guide and the hemmer, but the rest are still a mystery. If anyone knows, tell me.

I didn't buy this, but I stumbled across this antique German sewing-machine at the flea-market:

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

I happened to have my camera with me, so I took a few shots. The lady selling it had a $150 price-tag on it. It wasn't all there (missing the key, attachments and by the looks of it, a few other bits and pieces) so I didn't consider it worth buying. Not that I would have, anyway. I might've done, if it was a Singer...

My Singer now looks like this:

IMG_1182.jpg

Two steps closer to being more and more complete.

Last edited:
2012-06-01%252000.27.19.jpg

Can't turn down anything Welk related.
2012-06-01%252000.26.53.jpg

Not incredibly vintage, but have a ton of radios from this era. I could have them cheap when I was about 10 or so, and took as many as I could find. They hold a special spot in my heart, now.
2012-06-01%252000.26.25.jpg

A little tip of the hat to my phone collecting hobby.

DNO

One Too Many
Nothing vintage about them but I was happy to find them...a pair of 1561 Gibson Dr Martens in amazing shape.

Pre-2003 made in England as well...half-price day at Goodwill ($7.50)!

Screenshot2012-06-01at13111PM.png

And in situ...sorry I was stomping about on the front lawn and they got a tad wet and grassy!

Screenshot2012-06-01at13120PM.png

My feet are thanking me.

DNO

One Too Many
What are they for? Motorcycles? Driving? Pilot-goggles?

Based on the company name, the goggles seem to date from the late twenties to the mid-thirties. I suspect they were driving goggles. The container is only about 2.5" wide and 1.5" high and could easily fit in a ladies' handbag or the glove compartment of a car. The elastic strap is pretty fragile but the googles themselves are in excellent condition.

My friends own the local antique shop and I was helping them unload some furniture from their truck and take it down to the basement. I spotted this sitting off to the side and took it home with me at a pretty good price.

165968_10150950591764330_1332260163_n.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
My friends own the local antique shop and I was helping them unload some furniture from their truck and take it down to the basement. I spotted this sitting off to the side and took it home with me at a pretty good price.

Extra nice score there Tom!

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer

You find the coolest stuff!

*cues champagne music, ana one ana two ...*

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
Certainly not a vintage item but the subject matter of this DVD set qualifies as vintage- country music videos from the days when country music was something different than the 70's rock with a drawl they call country today. I found this set for $3.99 at the local thrift.
opryclassicsQuicke-mailview.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Based on the company name, the goggles seem to date from the late twenties to the mid-thirties. I suspect they were driving goggles. The container is only about 2.5" wide and 1.5" high and could easily fit in a ladies' handbag or the glove compartment of a car. The elastic strap is pretty fragile but the googles themselves are in excellent condition.
Those are awesome! They'll be perfect in your drop-top Deusenberg!

I went to the monthly diecast show today and here's what I picked up in the way of vintage car diecast models:

Top: 1950 Chevy Panel truck; Bottom Left: 1955 Lincoln Futura; Bottom Right: 1955 Ford Crown Victoria
DSCF6540.jpg

DSCF6541.jpg

DSCF6522.jpg

DSCF6521.jpg

and then I just HAD to pick these up! :p
DSCF6518.jpg

Thank you!

Extra nice score there Tom!

I would have, too, at that price! Maybe I'd pay that much for a Hamm's motion light...maybe....

I saw a Burgie change of day sign today. For $300 I passed. :p

I think I know what I'm having when I get home! :p

I love neon, but now I am craving pizza and a cold Pabst!

Thanks! Maybe I'll spin some Welk albums while enjoying some of that Blue Ribbon Beer!

You find the coolest stuff!

*cues champagne music, ana one ana two ...*

I'd be THRILLED to find these! I've been looking for something of that nature in stores for 15 years.

Certainly not a vintage item but the subject matter of this DVD set qualifies as vintage- country music videos from the days when country music was something different than the 70's rock with a drawl they call country today. I found this set for $3.99 at the local thrift.
opryclassicsQuicke-mailview.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred