Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brinybay said:
:eek: Rudeness on top of ignorance, wow! I'd be giving her boss an earful!

Um...she WAS the boss. One person shop and all that.

Culturally, I'm pretty sure she doesn't believe in wearing another person's clothes.

I was going to bring her my modern stuff for alteration, but she actually did a lousy job on the dress I gave her. I won't be going back.

Vintage Betty

MissHannah

One Too Many
Charity shop bargains... 2 blouses - one cream silk for £1.50 and one powder blue with an interesting collar for £1.80. 3 pairs of full fashioned stockings by St Michael for 50p each!

Creamsilkblouse.jpg

Blueblouse.jpg

Stockings.jpg

Vintage Betty

Lady Day said:
Great finds Betty! I really like that 50s coat. Man oh man, less than $4?!

LD

Thanks for the comments everyone! Yes, can you believe the price? Originally started at $20, than it was on sale for 50% off, than I had a gift certificate, and mustn't forget my volunteer discount. :D

I actually felt really guilty about the price, but the other volunteers convinced me it was going to a good home, even if I DID promise myself "No more overcoats!" :eusa_doh: lol

Miss Hannah, I also like your blue blouse. Looking forward to seeing it on you.

Vintage Betty

Brinybay

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
It looks handmade, very well hand made at that. And this cutie for a couple bucks:

collar_020208.JPG

Vintage Betty

What are those lacy-thingies called anyway? Grandma Lucy is wearing something similar in this picture:

1942LewisMaryLucyGoebel.jpg

Miss 1929

They are called "collars"!

If they are very large and hang over the back front and shoulder, sometimes called fichus. Burt really it's just a lace collar.

Dr Doran

Brinybay said:
What are those lacy-thingies called anyway? Grandma Lucy is wearing something similar in this picture:

1942LewisMaryLucyGoebel.jpg

Briny, that is a phenomenal picture! Pure (cool) attitude on the gentleman's part ... the women look lovely too!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
While shopping for Kitty's pomade tins, I found a few things for myself at the antique store.

The silver brush was $3.50:
006-4.jpg

The 1880's baby photo was $1.50:
003-4.jpg

005-5.jpg

The old canister was $1.00:
009-4.jpg

This painting on a piece of old luan(?) was $1.00:
002-5.jpg

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Thanks! I love it too--I've found several original paintings lately & I'm having a lot of fun being able to afford them! :eek:

I couldn't go to sleep last night because we (in TN) were supposed to stay awake because of the storms, and I was laying in bed & glanced up at the wall and there was an empty frame hanging there. I got it down & the painting fit perfectly! :eusa_clap
004-5.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
I had THE BEST find over the weekend - a suitcase in my parents' attic full of clothes I thought had got lost in my move to London 3 and a half years ago!! 3 vintage blouses, 1 vintage skirt, 2 pairs high waisted trousers, a red dress suit, a gorgeous repro dress and tons more! It absolutely made my weekend!!

leaette

A-List Customer
miss brill: i really like that painting. i'm not a painting type person, but that one really speaks to me. i love the dresses on the women.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
This weekend I got some vintage rhineston buttons. They are lovely but there were only three so I am not sure what I will do with them. I also got a tiney green wicker chair that is perfect for my Blithe doll.

TessTrueheart

I actually had my own yard sale this weekend, with my sister, and we did quite well. I got rid of a lot of modern stuff, so I can keep feeding my vintage habit.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR