Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Feraud

Bartender
Thrift finds

DSC04159.jpg

Harris Tweed jacket
DSC04218.jpg

Military pants
DSC04198.jpg

Slacks
DSC04168.jpg

DSC04169.jpg

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
Two items- one ladies head vase and one ironstone serving piece. Total cost: 30 cents!

100_2724.jpg

100_2725.jpg

The ladies head vase had some yucky stuff stuck to it, so when I washed it off, her lipstick came off with it- I will touch that up later. The ironstone piece was free, and will be perfect for some spring flowers!

Mixmaster

New in Town
How about free???

DSCN3443.gif

from my local Freecycle, I got this 1955 Hammond m3 for free! It works great, and it's mahogany cabinet looks great in my vintage-filled home!

And my "new" 1950's Westinghouse roaster with stand from a local estate sale:

home-at-last.gif

I've been collecting cool stuff for quite a while....I will post more great deals later....

I love seeing everyone else's great finds too!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sweet Leilani said:
Two items- one ladies head vase and one ironstone serving piece. Total cost: 30 cents!

100_2724.jpg

The ladies head vase had some yucky stuff stuck to it, so when I washed it off, her lipstick came off with it- I will touch that up later. The ironstone piece was free, and will be perfect for some spring flowers!

But the lips have a nice, sinister feel. I like sinister. I'd leave the lipstick off.

Mixmaster

New in Town
Warbaby said:
Never mind the organ, where did you find that spectacular lamp?

Thanks for the compliment! I got the matching pair of lamps at a local antique mall for $45....not a bad buy, if I do say so myself. One of the fiberglass shades has a small rent in it (not really that noticeable, but I'm a freak for detail - especially when I'm negotiating a price at the antique mall!), but I simply turn that side towards the wall and nobody's any the wiser!

Both lamps have female figures, but they are clothed slightly differently. I will post a pic of them if you are interested.

I have a little "problem" with cool lamps - I just can't seem to leave them in the shops! Oh well, at least my house is well lit! (laughs)

Mixmaster

New in Town
MaryDeluxe said:
I believe that is a Continental Art Co. lamp?? Nice find on the Hammond! I just love finding cool FREE stuff! Can't wait to see more pictures of your finds!

I really don't know the make of the lamps - I couldn't find any manufacturer info on them (I just had hubby double-check - no luck). I was thrilled that they still had their fiberglass shades, and that they were a funky two-tier configuration.

We absolutely love that organ! Hubby is a musician, and I love listening to him play it.

More to come soon.....

Vintage Betty

Caroline said:
but we bought them for the horse lover in the family. My old man cringed at the 5 dollar price tag...

015.jpg
[/IMG]

yipes! I'll try to make the next one smaller!

They are ashtrays. Tell the old man you got a great deal!

Vintage Betty

Caroline said:
Thanks! That's what I thought, but so small! If I gave one of those to any of the smokers I know they'd laugh at me!

I'm guessing they were probably intended for card tables for a short game or something...just a guess...

Vintage Betty

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Mixmaster said:
DSCN3443.gif

from my local Freecycle, I got this 1955 Hammond m3 for free! It works great, and it's mahogany cabinet looks great in my vintage-filled home!

I love seeing everyone else's great finds too!

Nice items! I learned to play on a similar Thomas organ when I was in junior high. Don't ask me to tickle the ivories today, thought! lol

Show us that clock up above to the right! I have a Welby that looks similar!

WelbyClocklight.jpg

Lee

lyburnum

Practically Family
I found these last week:

This was originally just a spray painted white table, but I repainted it black with mine and my fiancee's initials on it. I'm not totally conviced I like it like this, so I may end up stripping it back down to bare wood. Unfortunately I don't have a before photo for this one.
IMG_0088.jpg

This needs some tender love and care, but I'm going to wait until my fiancee is over before I do anything to it. He wants to refinish it (it needs it) and I need to re-upholster it. I'd love to paint it baby blue and put apple print fabric on the seat, but I don't think he'd approve!
IMG_0097.jpg

This isn't completely finished, but I'll show you where it's at. It just needs some ribbon round the edges, to hide the staples where I reupholstered it.
Before:
IMG_9450.jpg

After:
IMG_0102.jpg

Mixmaster

New in Town
Show us that clock up above to the right! I have a Welby that looks similar!

WelbyClocklight.jpg

Lee[/QUOTE]

Here is a more complete pic of it in it's natural habitat. It says "Waltham" on the face, although the clockwork on it didn't work when I found it in mom's basement, so I replaced it a couple of years ago with a modern one.

DSCN3556.gif

I LOVE your clock - it is very similar to mine! Mine had a lot of rust on it, and two of the black rays were missing when I found it. I steel wooled the beejeezes out of the brass rays with the balls and fabricated two replacement black rays in my university's sculpture studio (even up close you can't tell which two aren't original - helps to be an artist sometimes!) I get lots of compliments - I'm really glad I was able to salvage it.

-Sherri

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy