Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Here we go. I bought this at an antique market not a thrift store or a yard sale. I am including it here because it was priced for a thrift store/yard sale.

1950s Basset Dresser/Buffet:
l_7cb616b86e8f31944e053517eb0b47c3.jpg

Three inside drawers:
l_6763ce70acabcfaf3c2d036f4674b06c.jpg

Close up of drawer handles:
l_da2f2b2768c6f7f8bac511ccaa42f1cd.jpg

The kicker: $50!

(After gas $30.45 in the truck and lunch 14.11 for the boys who helped me move it, the grand total for the dresser $94.56. You still can't be the price. Am I a super shopper or what! ;) )

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Yesterday I bought a vintage (late 40s-early 50s) Pik-Nick cooler for $3.00, and this 1945 book for fifty cents. It is in Spanish & I do not know the language, but I fell in love with the drawings someone doodled. I'm not sure how well they show up:
009-f2i663gh.jpg

A little girl:
007-46p1qo6fm.jpg

A bride in a veil from the back:
008-46p1v264a.jpg

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Sweet Leilani said:
Yes, it is bakelite and yes, that is the price I paid! :D

Pre-eBay and Antiques Roadshow, I used to go to the local thrift stores and find bakelite in the junk jewelry bins because everyone used to think it was pastic junk. I really miss those days. I don't think I ever paid more than a dollar or two for anything. Once I splurged and paid $30 for an applejuice reverse carved and painted stretcher bracelet. Sadly, those days are LONG gone.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RL Polo alpaca-wool shawl lapel pullover sweater that I suspect retails for some ridiculous amount. As I'm a few pounds off fighting weight, the sweater is good motivation to drop a couple of pounds:

p1010661ts3.jpg

A great looking all wool Woolrich shirt jacket:

p1010664ur7.jpg

$3.50/ea

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i bought these mid-century modern pieces this weekend at the thrift store i work at!

this table was about $10 with my discount. it needs a little cleaning up on top, but it in very good shape!
6-6-07013.jpg

this chair was about $5. the lines of it are fabulous! i don't care too much for the upholstery though. picture it with some lovely barkcloth instead of the gold stripes. i'm using this as a desk chair and it's quite comfortable!

6-6-07014.jpg

Brooksie

One Too Many
ShooShooBaby said:
i bought these mid-century modern pieces this weekend at the thrift store i work at!

this table was about $10 with my discount. it needs a little cleaning up on top, but it in very good shape!
6-6-07013.jpg

this chair was about $5. the lines of it are fabulous! i don't care too much for the upholstery though. picture it with some lovely barkcloth instead of the gold stripes. i'm using this as a desk chair and it's quite comfortable!

6-6-07014.jpg

We had a table just like that when I was growing up, I think we ended up selling it at a garage sale years ago.... who knows it could be our table because I did grow up in Portland you know.

LB

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Brooksie said:
We had a table just like that when I was growing up, I think we ended up selling it at a garage sale years ago.... who knows it could be our table because I did grow up in Portland you know.

LB

that actually wouldn't be too far-fetched! anyway, if it was, i say to your childhood self... USE A COASTER! lol

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
This swivel rocker was a recent Goodwill find for $5. Although I'm not for sure of its age it has that 1960s/mid-century design look.

chair2.jpg
[/IMG]

I found this large signed print by Tim Cooke this morning at a yard sale at the local Friends Meeting House (Quakers) for $5. Although I've never heard of the artist an Internet search found him to be a rather well-known South African artist. The painting is called 'African Red.' It has sort of mid-century abstract look (it should go with the chair). This photo shows just the print. It is actually in a much larger frame.

painting.jpg
[/IMG]

Foofoogal

Banned
Wow shooshoo baby. Very nice. I just watched an HGTV segment and they had an almost identical chair they redid. 2 matching ones in fact.
The table looks maple but the chair could be teak from my vantage point. :eusa_clap

Everyone elses finds are fab also. From one treasure hunter to the next. To me it is all about the find. lol ;)

Brooksie

One Too Many
ShooShooBaby said:
that actually wouldn't be too far-fetched! anyway, if it was, i say to your childhood self... USE A COASTER! lol

Ha Ha! When I say we got rid of that table several years ago - I'm talkin like almost 20 years ago now! So if it was our table several owners have probably had it over the years. That mess that is all over that table - I'l not be takin credit for that, cause let me tell ya, in my house my mom would NOT let us go with out using coaster's anywhere at anytime!!!!

LB

Brooksie

One Too Many
000_0152_edited-1.jpg

I am going to list a few of my most recent finds:

Espadrilles, $2.00 from local thrift shop, never had even been worn because they still had the little cardboard inserts in them. Plus they have a neat kind of Pucci design to them.

LB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points