Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Brooksie

One Too Many
000_0151_edited-1.jpg

Blue vintage sweater, .50 cents from garage sale just a few houses down from me. The sweater had never been worn and still had tag on it... from Sears and Roebuck and Co. the tag also said Rev. 5/56 - nice to know that it is really from the 50's.

LB

Brooksie

One Too Many
000_0150_edited-1.jpg

Cardinal red sweater $1.50 (half price sale at the local thrift store that espadrilles were purchased at but they were purchased at sepparate times) this is a vintage reproduction, never been worn and tags were still left on sweater. All items that I purchased were in mint condition. The sweaters both go with the espadrilles perfectly and it is still cool here on the coast - the other day it was about 50 degrees so I can still wear the sweaters.

LB

Rafter

Suspended
Only five bucks Lee? Thats a what I call a "steal"! And it works to boot.

MrNewportCustom said:
I found this at a yard sale today. It works. I paid all of five dollars.
dscn0686.jpg

Minolta Autocord Citizen-MVL
Lee

This afternoon, I went to the Old Mystic Flea Market over on Route 27 and I-95. They have a good selection of collectibles, crafts, antiques, tools, and even some vintage clothing and hats. I was tempted to buy a few items, but didn't.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Rafter said:
Only five bucks Lee? Thats a what I call a "steal"! And it works to boot.

Well, eight bucks. But the other three were for this. It also works:
dscn0921.jpg

My father had one - now my younger brother has it - and that one has a flash and case. It's okay, though. I got the pocket watches. :)

Rafter said:
This afternoon, I went to the Old Mystic Flea Market over on Route 27 and I-95. They have a good selection of collectibles, crafts, antiques, tools, and even some vintage clothing and hats. I was tempted to buy a few items, but didn't.

I've resisted "tempted to buy" too. I usually regretted it.

Lee

Ellie

Familiar Face
I am so excited about these fruit and vegetable crates! They were FREE! I work at a library where people often drop off boxes of book donations. The other day when I walked by the book donation pile, I noticed a bunch of wooden crates, and upon closer inspection found that they are old fruit and vegetable crates! Altogether I got four crates, but unfortunately, the other two didn't have labels on them.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Recent estate sale find

I love lamps/lights!!! Really I have a hugh problem when it comes to vintage lights....I just can't say NO! Here's 3 of my newest children that I found tonight at an estate sale down the street from me.
3newbabies.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
What a deLIGHTful find, MaryDeluxe!

First thing out of my mouth when I saw them was, "NICE!!" Those are three very beautiful lamps! :)

Feraud, I like the tie on the left, the Beau Brummel. Beautiful stitching. Wear them in good health. :)

Lee

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Ellie: Thank you, now I have to find a good place to put them!

Goldwyn Girl: It was the shades that made me fall in love! They are in mint condition too! Looks like they had been stored away some place nice and safe.

MrNewport:hahaha they are vey deLightful! I'm a lucky girl a rare find for me indeed!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk