Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I did okay for under $50

IMG_1381.jpg

A table I sorely needed (thanks FedoraGent and Magneto for helping me get it home). Its modern, but the drop leafs work fine and its a pedestal foot, which I was hoping for because of its smaller foot print.

IMG_1385.jpg

$2 flour sifter. Who in their right mind can resist a $2 flour sifter!?

IMG_1383.jpg
IMG_1384.jpg

Deco peep hole door. It needs to be cleaned. Im not sure if its real or a knockoff, but it is stamped: Le Modernne Victor Mfg. Co. Pat.Pend.

Im all spent out!

LD

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
IMG_1383.jpg
IMG_1384.jpg

Deco peep hole door. It needs to be cleaned. Im not sure if its real or a knockoff, but it is stamped: Le Modernne Victor Mfg. Co. Pat.Pend.

Im all spent out!

LD

Shelley, the deco peep hole door is the bomb. It looks not only art deco but kind of 1920s Futurist. How big is it?

Warbaby

One Too Many
The garage sailing was unusually good this weekend - here's what I came home with:

Antique handwoven Jacquard tablecloth, $2.00

jacquard.JPG

Vintage Waterman fountain pen, working condition, $1.00

watermanB2.jpg

Ladies' deco Moore fountain pen, needs a bladder but otherwise great condition, $4.00

MoorePen2cr.jpg

Large 1920s Ivory Pyralin (celluloid) hand mirror, $1.00

mirror.JPG

Two vintage sets of demitasse spoons & sugar tongs, $5.00 each

spoons2.jpg

Large vintage seltzer bottle, $2.00

Seltzer.jpg

Also scored an antique marble washstand top for $4.00. All in all, it was one of my better garage sailing days.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
snipped

IMG_1383.jpg
IMG_1384.jpg

Im all spent out!

LD

I'm pretty sure the deco door is original. My poor memory seems to remember Le Modernne Victor Mfg. Co as a 1920's manufacturerer of home goods. Sorry, no time to research it.

Vintage Betty

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Haven't posted in this thread for very long, so I'll post a few finds.

First, my favourite:

1930s Bauhaus-style barber's chair, missing the neck support and covered in some early type of pleather:

DSC08610.jpg

DSC08606.jpg

I like the ratcheting/tilting back, I once saw an old Bentley with the same arrangement:

DSC08561.jpg
DSC08568.jpg

DSC08613.jpg
DSC08583.jpg

Ill just remove the fitting for the neck support, and have it re-upholstered to match the sofa and barstools:

DSC08572.jpg

DSC06364.jpg

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Ah, and a 300+ years old dining table for contrast:

69560-2.jpg

You can see a bit of it here:

DSC07778.jpg

Some smaller stuff: A couple of heads for the walls, one, Swedish art deco, the other presumably Chinese:

DSC08548.jpg

DSC08553.jpg

And a champagne bucket, which the seller claimed was from this airship, although I doubt it (on the other hand, the royal crown places it as pre-WWII, and I can't find any other ship that really fits):

DSC08534.jpg

DSC08536.jpg
DSC08538.jpg

Supposedly, luxuries like ice-buckets were jettisoned before the crash, and were later recovered.

It takes an Italian to bring an ice bucket on a polar expedition, I suppose. [huh]

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
On a more down-market note:

I trawled the big flea-market in Lisbon a couple of weeks ago. No big treasures, but a lot of smaller stuff.

I couldn't believe this display:

DSC00051.jpg

I rather liked this stuff, there were more than a hundred sellers with stuff like this:

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

Some good stuff, here's a (pair of heavy) sterling silver art deco candelabra at about $500:

DSC00034.jpg

I passed on the candelabra, and to my greater regret, on this B-17 model too, in a gunmetally bronze, quite nice and heavy, but missing its stand, with a bent wing, and a bit too pricey, IMO, at around $100. Undoubtedly period, though:

DSC00054.jpg

I bought these two, probably repro, but at good prices:

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

Also, a Tintin print to match the racing car:

DSC00063.jpg

Two toy cars and a print, in a packaged deal: Around $35.

Foofoogal

Banned
And a champagne bucket, which the seller claimed was from this airship, although I doubt it (on the other hand, the royal crown places it as pre-WWII, and I can't find any other ship that really fits):

[huh] in the antiques business anything is possible. Makes perfect sense to me there would be an icebucket. Now whether or not this is it? [huh]

Very nice haul for sure though. :eusa_clap
http://sandysfancypants.blogspot.com

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Vintage Betty said:
I'm pretty sure the deco door is original. My poor memory seems to remember Le Modernne Victor Mfg. Co as a 1920's manufacturerer of home goods. Sorry, no time to research it.

Vintage Betty

I just love the google :)
http://www.urbanremainschicago.com/item.aspx?itemID=2546
The one I found seems later (cheaper) in the manufacturing line, but hey, for $5 Im cool with it ;)

LD

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
"Once more into the breach"

I will once again, at the great risk of further embarrassment, attempt to post a picture with this message. This has been a long trial and error process; so far, all error.
Here goes nothin' !!
shoes009.jpg

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
Shucks, 'twern't nothin' !!

Finally; success in posting a picture. While I'm happy the mystery of pix-posting has finally been solved, let me say that it took John of Covina baby sitting me through the steps to finally earn my stripe; and I can do it in either color, or black and white too !! Thanks J.o C.
More pictures to follow in the days to come.
Frankie Lamb, P.P.P. ( Professional Picture Poster )

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ive wanted some bottles like this for some time. Not vintage, but hey, at $2 each, aint too shabby.

I put vanilla syrup in the first one, and I think Im gonna put lemonade in the other :)

IMG_1465.jpg

LD

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
I did okay for under $50

IMG_1381.jpg

A table I sorely needed (thanks FedoraGent and Magneto for helping me get it home). Its modern, but the drop leafs work fine and its a pedestal foot, which I was hoping for because of its smaller foot print.

IMG_1385.jpg

$2 flour sifter. Who in their right mind can resist a $2 flour sifter!?

IMG_1383.jpg
IMG_1384.jpg

Im all spent out!

LD

LadyDay, I love the Deco peep hole. I bought a smaller peep hole a couple of months ago that I love but I sure would like to have yours. I love Art Deco! It looks like you got a good deal.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner