Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
BinkieBaumont said:
3699616794_ed44e0ca53.jpg

"I have had this dressing table for a while, I also have the bedside cabinets, and had being praying to Saint Ebay to find a matching bed!

Anyhow my bed turned up last weekend!!, and in a nearby suburb!!, local pick up only, so I purloined it for $50.00 as the only bidder ..................................... just have to get it transported"

Grant Fan, What a bargain you got there!! You dont want the bed? guess one persons Trash is another persons Treasure!

"I spent Saturday struggling to dismantle my iron bedstead, (a Brute of a thing) so as to set up my new Bed, I actually used the wooden slats and Queen size mattress, as you can see the bedsides don't sit "Flush" with the bed but I can fix that at a latter date, I showed my friend Meagan "Me again!", Fontescue-Smyth, and she said , really Binkie, there is only a few inches between a Double and a Queen size"

I replied "yes but a few inches makes all the difference in the bedroom, especially, a small bedroom"

4039568468_69a01c52b2.jpg

4039568464_46993c8c66.jpg

4039568458_985d1c65a2.jpg

4039568456_e507085c3e.jpg

Sad Fit! for Now

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Last week, a friend had an estate sale. She's been selling stuff in an antique shop, but hasn't time for it, so attempted to get rid of her inventory & clear out her garage. I didn't make it to the sale, so this evening she allowed us to come have a peek at the leftovers. I chose some things, wrote her a check, which she promptly tore up in front of me! She refused to take any money for this stuff!
Her home is a spacious, vintage, Italianate affair, perfect for a Golden Age Hollywood themed party, and I told her as much. She was so delighted with the idea, she told me to please take her items in exchange for helping her put together such a party in a couple months!
Wooden box, leather portfolio, assorted silverware, egg separator, whisk, napkin holder, cocktail shaker with a crack, but still so pretty.
4051003015_2d8a3a5e38.jpg

All of the above plus a copper pot. I think I got a saucepan too, that's still in the car.
4051740640_e5064eda8e.jpg

Mirror. (The cat was already here.)
4051736674_664374e5f3.jpg

An assortment of vintage chairs, all sturdier than the ones we've been using. The chair on the right has been cleverly reinforced with twisted wire.
4050989175_7b38832972.jpg

And this great chair that rocks on creaky springs, and has little casters on it. The footstool is modern, but upholstered to match.
4051009473_ccabaea0df.jpg

I forgot the trunk -
4051727168_1406c2219d.jpg

Mary

Practically Family
This is so very nice!! Such a beautiful piece of furniture. I try to imagine to look into that mirror, it must me magical!

I'd love to have one just like it! And a better a matching set, it's just a dream

BinkieBaumont said:
3699616794_ed44e0ca53.jpg

"I have had this dressing table for a while, I also have the bedside cabinets, and had being praying to Saint Ebay to find a matching bed!

Anyhow my bed turned up last weekend!!, and in a nearby suburb!!, local pick up only, so I purloined it for $50.00 as the only bidder ..................................... just have to get it transported"

Grant Fan, What a bargain you got there!! You dont want the bed? guess one persons Trash is another persons Treasure!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Scored a green depression glass pitcher at PCC flea market earlier this month... Only has a small chip off the outter rim of the opening... I'll post a photo when I have some time... at work right now.:eusa_doh:

Me: Say lady, what do ya want for this?

Seller: Oh, $5 bucks.

Me: Oh, well in that case, I'll take it!lol

Seller: Great!

I call her the $5. dollar special! I picked up a smaller black and green reverse painted deco frame from her for the same price!

Photos will soon come!

Forgotten Man said:
Scored a green depression glass pitcher at PCC flea market earlier this month... Only has a small chip off the outter rim of the opening... I'll post a photo when I have some time... at work right now.:eusa_doh:

Me: Say lady, what do ya want for this?

Seller: Oh, $5 bucks.

Me: Oh, well in that case, I'll take it!lol

Seller: Great!

I call her the $5. dollar special! I picked up a smaller black and green reverse painted deco frame from her for the same price!

Photos will soon come!

Nice find. A little fine sandpaper on that chip will make it almost unnoticeable. I have a few that I have done that with. ;)

Lokar

A-List Customer
My wife has found and bought me two safety razors. The first is a 1970s in an old 1920s case I found a long time ago, the second is a 1930s in the original case.

1970s razor with 1920s case.

1930s razor in original case.

We also found a fun little globe a while ago - it can be rotated on all three axis (to a degree).

jemjefferson

New in Town
Camera

I am so excited about my find and very few people will appreciate it, so I will share with you folks. I found at a yard sale today a yashica 635 in near mint condition. Still works wonderfully as far as I can tell. It was $5. :eek: I will try to get pictures of it later, but had to share my find

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Found this at the Salvation Army the other day. Just looked it up to see if it was genuine or a repto/retro dish.
Its a round divided vegetable bowl, Starburst pattern by Franciscan China, Made in Cali, Color-Seal, Gladding, McBean & Co.
This pattern 54-66.
franciscan_starburst_round_divided_.jpg

Think I'll go to another Salvation Army thats near and see if they split up the set. They seem to do that alot. Paid just a buck. One sight i found was charging $25 for the same dish.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
"I spent Saturday struggling to dismantle my iron bedstead, (a Brute of a thing) so as to set up my new Bed, I actually used the wooden slats and Queen size mattress, as you can see the bedsides don't sit "Flush" with the bed but I can fix that at a latter date, I showed my friend Meagan "Me again!", Fontescue-Smyth, and she said , really Binkie, there is only a few inches between a Double and a Queen size"

I replied "yes but a few inches makes all the difference in the bedroom, especially, a small bedroom"

4039568468_69a01c52b2.jpg

4039568464_46993c8c66.jpg

4039568458_985d1c65a2.jpg

4039568456_e507085c3e.jpg

Sad Fit! for Now

Binkie It's lovely, and your dog seems to feel quite happy with it too. And as far as I am concerned the dog's opinion in important. But honestly you sound like my boyfriend. The man is stationed in Japan and I am in Virginia and I have his furniture. He has a queen mattress and for the life of him he can't figure out why on earth I would put his slightly larger bed in my guest room, so I could have my slightly smaller double bed in my room with the lovely bed frame. I think the big mattress thing is a guy thing. But it really is beautiful big mattress and all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112