Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Pennleigh very bold look tie. Not often my style, but this one's not too bad for this era.

PennleighBoldTie.jpg

bk

Seems like it's acetate to me. It's not marked as to fabric content.

A London thrift store? Anywhere between £0.99 and £3.00. Maybe up to £4 if they have a "vintage" section and someone who recognized it for what it was. The vintage shops, even the huge warehouse ones, are all asking £25.00-£40.00 for these.

I don't remember where I got this one. it may very well have been from a thrift in Indiana. Probably $2.00 or so. Or possibly $1.00 if it was a half price day at Goodwill.

bk

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^Up to forty pounds at a vintage shop?! Here it would likely be no more than $30 (about 25 BP) at said establishment. At least it would be considerable cheaper at a British thrift store...Glad that you bought it at an American thrift store. BTW, does it have a California label on it?

As for the prices. Yeah, the vintage shops ask an awful lot of money for these. They were quite popular for a while, with some people actually stupid enough to pay those prices.[edit] this for not very collectable or rare examples.

(These same vintage shops, btw, regularly have 30s and 40s belted back jackets at £9 or so). Who knows what they're thinking?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo