Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Today's tie is a real doozy. Basketball themed rayon (probably) satin and from the early 1930s (I think). probably a teen's tie?

BasketballTie1.jpg

bk

What a conversation piece that must have been back then (and now). My first thought was that it's 1940s because of its shape and just because sports were a popular theme.

Dan'l

Practically Family
I've starting collecting ties but am not sure about how vintage they may or may not be, any input is welcome.
This is one of my favorite finds. I think has a 30s look
DSCN0010.jpg
DSCN0007.jpg

I just recently purchased these, they look late 50s into the 60s from what I understand.
DSCN0018.jpg

These are Goodwill buys and I'm not sure if they're vintage or just dated...
DSCN0022.jpg

I have others that I still need to take photos of and then will post them here.
This has also started me collecting tie clasps.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I've starting collecting ties but am not sure about how vintage they may or may not be, any input is welcome.
This is one of my favorite finds. I think has a 30s look
DSCN0010.jpg

That is a beautiful pleated tie; I have one very similar to it. The width and design place it c.mid-'50s. Does it by chance have a Legath tag on it? Of the others posted, the middle three do look late-'50s/early-'60s, while the bottom three look maybe late-'80s, but it's a bit hard to pinpoint without seeing them in person.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
This is what I'm wearing today: c.mid-'50s, nice brocade background, feels like rayon or rayon/acetate. There is no manufacturer's label, but on back of the front blade it says, "It's NORMANDIZED trademark FINISHED To Resist Spots & Stains."

Photo33.jpg

And to piggyback on Quigley Brown, here are three of them with the same pattern. (I could have had a brown one, too, but I figured that I had too many brown ties already.[huh])

Photo34.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
This is what I'm wearing today: c.mid-'50s, nice brocade background, feels like rayon or rayon/acetate. There is no manufacturer's label, but on back of the front blade it says, "It's NORMANDIZED trademark FINISHED To Resist Spots & Stains."

And to piggyback on Quigley Brown, here are three of them with the same pattern. (I could have had a brown one, too, but I figured that I had too many brown ties already.[huh])

Photo34.jpg

To have three is great. :eusa_clap

Dan'l

Practically Family
That is a beautiful pleated tie; I have one very similar to it. The width and design place it c.mid-'50s. Does it by chance have a Legath tag on it?

No, unfortunatley it does not have any tags. Thanks to you and Feraud for the reply.
I think there is a website that I can check the age of the ties that do have tags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred