Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Check the classified ads guys.... 6 Dali ties for sale!

456ht.jpg

Very nice to look at. But compared to the prices I paid for mine that's all I'll do...just look.

Tommy

One of the Regulars
picked this one up this week, it looks 40's-ish in print design and shape, but who knows, any ideas on the age of this given the arrow label type and construction?
003.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited:

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Baron, if I were to go about fixing those two moth holes (assuming I'm looking at it right and that they are on the face near the eys), I'd be tempted to fill them in with fabric that would make the two spots look like jewels, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, or, perhaps beauty marks. I wouldn't try to match the existing color for the skin...

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Baron, if I were to go about fixing those two moth holes (assuming I'm looking at it right and that they are on the face near the eys), I'd be tempted to fill them in with fabric that would make the two spots look like jewels, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, or, perhaps beauty marks. I wouldn't try to match the existing color for the skin...

The holes are in such symmetry that I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the original treatment, and that the glue deteriorated the fabric and the applications tore off at some point. Very good suggestion, Tommy, in either event.

Dan'l

Practically Family
Just picked up these 3 gems at a thrift store for 3 euro's (3,50 dollars?). All German and 100% polyester. My guess is sixties.

ties.jpg

First post by the way. Hello to you all!!

Hello Bram and welcome to the lounge.

The green one of the left is interesting looking. I like all three and have one similar to the one on the right. I too would guess 60s but we'll see what the experts here say ;)

Dan'l

Bram

New in Town
The one on the left is my favorite by far. I Have never seen a cigar shaped one (but i'm no expert so let's see what they've got to say:)). I Think they'll do great on a white shirt with one of my sixties suits. A bit Mad Men style...

Tommy

One of the Regulars
This is a tie I picked up some time ago. It's in great condition, it looks and feels late 60's to me, I am curious if anyone can confirm and also identify the name of the pattern style. I believe Prince Igor brand existed between 1961 and 1992. 3-7/8" wide.

PrinceIgor1.jpg

PrinceIgor3.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Feraud: When those ties say "Hand Painted", that doesn't mean the entire inage was hand painted, does it? Doesn't it mean, at least in the case of that tie, that the color highlights were hand applied? Just wondering.
BTW, Dude, you gotta come to some of the events around town and bring the missus. Haven't seen you in a while!

Feraud

Bartender
I believe (someone correct me if I am mistaken..) hand painted in this case refers to the image of the horse.
Here is another nice example.
1251983097.jpg

Yes, the better half and I need to attend a few more local events. It's been too long. Btw, I still have that book on Churchill I promised you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21