Show us your TIES

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Veronica Parra, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Isn't it great (baseball one)? The golf one (it does look like he's taking a leak in the photo, I know) on the left is one of a pair, in different colour combinations.

bk

2. I don't have any real sports ties, except the horse one which I wear to the race track. I like the image of a sports fan tie, it shows passion and involvement.

3. Talbot

Talbot One Too Many

Love the patterns. Not one I wouldn't wear.

How are they meant to be constructed?

4. I saw that. I was going to bid but forgot. I am glad you got it.

5. Glad you forgot, JP! ;)

Early 30s or late 20s. Wide blade is about 3".

[​IMG]

bk

6. Nice tie, Baron. Any manufacturer's label?

7. Nope.

Here's a nice one. Quite rare to find this type of pattern in a British tie. They tended to be rather more sober than the American ones of similar eras. This one is 1940s. I have a couple of other British ties in similarly bold patterns, but not too common.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  8. kools

kools Practically Family

Today's tie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. So does the knot come out with the spotted pattern on it?
    Nice tie.

10. I like the sweeping S pattern on Kools tie, but I tend to shy away from ties that have that airbrushed look like the blue and yellow on the front.

11. Why's that (shying away)?

12. It's a matter of personal taste for me, I tend to like sharp lines and well defined areas as to color. Here the graduation of density of color from the outside of the line to the inside just doesn't have a great appeal to me as much as other tie designs.

13. kools

kools Practically Family

Interestingly, the spotted pattern is only on the back and tail end of the tie; cannot be seen in the knot.

14. Hmmmmm.... So it isn't a know planned tie then.
    I guess they just did that for decoration rather than actual pattern. Works for me. :D

15. Great tie! I've got one similar to it in brown, green, and yellow. It's got the spotted "pattern" on the inside of the rear blade, too, but like your example, the spots are not present in the knot. (And what does that say above the spots, "hand painted ombre's," or such??

16. Very cool, Baron, and it is rare to see such a "bold" British tie. May I ask how much it set you back?

17. I broke the bank and paid a whopping £10 for it.

bk

18. Shocking! :p;)

19. Today's tie, c.late-'50s, no labels, feels like silk.

[​IMG][​IMG]

20. Yeah. I remember my old limit for vintage suits was $75, and that was supposed to be pushing the boat out, for a real special suit.:p Then the prices arrived. :eusa_doh:

bk