Show us your TIES

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Veronica Parra, Sep 22, 2005.

1. kools

kools Practically Family

Yesterday's tie:
    No label
    53" x 3"

[​IMG]

2. kools

kools Practically Family

Today's tie
    From Schuster's Men's Shop Milwaukee
    51" x 4"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Palm trees are way up on my list of likes in bold look ties.

4. repeatclicks

repeatclicks Practically Family

Prices for suits in your size are still cheap. Its the bigger guys that have to worry, and even still, compared to prices at the beginning of the decade, they are still cheap.

Saying that, I just dropped $200 on a very rare 50s suit. Then again, a few weeks ago I spent £50 on a late 50s blue gab suit, so prices vary.

5. Judging by the dimensions, it appears to be post-Bold Look (c.mid-'50s). A very popular design which I'd like to find on a 3" wide tie (although more of the palm tree can be seen on the 4" varieties).

6. Today's "offering," of which I received a couple of compliments. A Metcalf Cravat, c.mid-'50s. Sold by "The Boston Reliable Clothing," since 1885. Never had worn this before, but I like the design, and I think that it went well with my blue shirt.

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. kools

kools Practically Family

Yes sir, this is the thinnest palm tie I've seen.

8. Actually you're right. I have seen the same pattern on bold look ties and hadn't noticed the obvious narrow stance.

9. Quigley Brown

Quigley Brown Call Me a Cab

You have some of the most unique narrow ties. Very nice!

10. That is a neat 50's tie. It's curious for me looking at that tie it has an intricate design and has the geometric approach that so many 50's ties have, yet from a distance it does not seem intricate at all but more simple and direct. You'd notice it when you get close up.

11. ^^Thanks, QB and John. It is a nifty tie.

Now here is today's, one which is the opposite of yesterday's in more ways than one. You want Bold? You got Bold, and in bamboo. Made by Tru-Love Cravats(??), "Luxure' Rex," Custom DeLuxe Cravat, styled by Wormser. I've shown it before, but I don't think with with my early '40s, SB suit. It was actually used by Palace Costume Co. in L.A.

[​IMG]

12. Now THAT is a tie.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
    If it's too thin for you let me know. ;):p

13. A Super Tie.

14. kools

kools Practically Family

Solid, Brim!

15. ^^Thanks, gents. I knew you three would appreciate it!

16. Water Fountains...

From the thrift store. Latter-'50s tie from Webbs Men's Store in Covina, CA.

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. Quigley Brown

Quigley Brown Call Me a Cab

Normallly I wouldn't buy a vintage one like this, but it was in perfect condition and I liked it's name of 'Sugar and Spice.' This was a Goodwill purchase for 71 cents.

[​IMG][/IMG]

18. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

A great score Quigley. I have one in that pattern. Where your tie has that strip of violet (is that right?) mine has a shade of red.

19. Sugar and Spice was a particular line that Superba produced, and I did think of Feraud when I read it. I would have bought it, too.

20. Another Covina centric tie!