Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
From today, a nice square-bottomed example from Manhattan Shirt Company, c.mid-'50s; silk.

Photoon2011-06-01at1901.jpg

Photoon2011-06-01at1902.jpg

Nice! I'm hooked on these. I did notice, however, when leafing through a friend's J. Crew catalog, that they are offering square-bottoms of this same width. Yikes! I hate when my style turns trendy.......:rage:

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
From today, a nice square-bottomed example from Manhattan Shirt Company, c.mid-'50s; silk.

Photoon2011-06-01at1901.jpg

Photoon2011-06-01at1902.jpg

Nice! I'm hooked on these. I did notice, however, when leafing through a friend's J. Crew catalog, that they are offering square-bottoms of this same width. Yikes! I hate when my style turns trendy.......:rage:

Hahaha! Yeah, for me the whole "Mad Men Style" fad is great (for my work wardrobe). I can sneak vintage in and nobody bats an eye, they assume I'm wearing something uber trendy. My wide 40s ties are another story . . .

That gradated knit square-bottom is AMAZING, by the way!

The green one with the flowers definately packs a lot of pizazz. The red/white/blue one with irregular shapes also has pizazz. The last one is neat too. The one with the red diamonds seems like a 30's tie to me in a way.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
That's a nice tie Baron. Very flashy compared to most British ties I've seen from that era. Tootal is my favourite tie brand (they still make some reasonably nice ties these days).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR