Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I picked up this lot for about $3 a tie:
$T2eC16JHJGoE9nuQeV2lBQKw0iQ0NQ~~60_57.JPG

Man, what a catch! I especially am drawn to the first one on the left, bottom row. What exactly is below the net? Any labels on these ties?

Hi Jamespowers

Can you post some pics of the backs? Tie number 5 and 7 top row are my favorites? Tie number 10 top row looks like a pair of socks I own.

Good find and thank you.

Best regards
Countryclubjoe

Annixter

Practically Family
Nice Manhattan Shirt Company tie. In silk no less. Are the others the same brand? Manhattan was a higher end brand. Good finds.

Good to know about Manhattan brand; the other two have no labels or markings, and I doubt they are Manhattan brand because they came from two different stores across Buffalo.

That third one from the left is a dog though.lol lol lol

At least it's one less Christmas gift to purchase, right?:p

Nice find on the collection.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I may be going down to a Salvation Army tomorrow. What do you think my chances of finding a vintage pre-1970s tie is? How about those colorful Art Deco ties you've been posting? I think a good way to tell of a tie's vintage age is to bring a flexible tape measurer, I might be doing that. No guarantees I'll be getting a tie though.

I may be going down to a Salvation Army tomorrow. What do you think my chances of finding a vintage pre-1970s tie is? How about those colorful Art Deco ties you've been posting? I think a good way to tell of a tie's vintage age is to bring a flexible tape measurer, I might be doing that. No guarantees I'll be getting a tie though.

There is a chance but I never find any at mine if that says anything. :p
Just look through them and see what you can find.
Good luck.:D

DamianM

Vendor
The chances are all around. Ive found 20 all in the same vendor space at a flea market for a dollar a piece!
He had 20 ties an I got them for $15 since I bought the lot. All 40s and one or two 30s ties.
Thrift shops have gave me some luck.
so yeah its possible.

The chances are all around. Ive found 20 all in the same vendor space at a flea market for a dollar a piece!
He had 20 ties an I got them for $15 since I bought the lot. All 40s and one or two 30s ties.
Thrift shops have gave me some luck.
so yeah its possible.

Man! You are lucky. When I find that many for that cheap they have holes and moth damage.:eusa_doh:[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic