Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
A couple of classic Superba S n' Ss I found at the Goodwill yesterday:

sugar1.jpg
[/IMG]

sugar2.jpg
[/IMG]

For me, those are about as nice as ties can get. Absolutely lovely.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Three new US ties ... they all could need a careful pressing.

Bold-Look one - unlabelled.
tie1.jpg

"Beau Brummel" - late 40's.
tie2.jpg

Unlabelled feathery tie... I'd say late-30's to early-40's.
tie3.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Well, I think you are right. I confused some things here. The back of the label reads "Trademark Reg. Resilient U.S. Patent 1447090". The patent is from 1922.
I confused the "Trademark Reg." with the (R) in Circle, which was AFAIK introduced 1947. This isn't the case here though.

Yes, that's the Resilient Construction trademark. They still make ties using that method today! It really is a wonderful innovation. I wrote a moving paean to the resilient Construction in The Chap a few years ago.;) I would say your tie probably dates to the middle-late 1930s, with that Beau Brummell label variant.

Well, I think you are right. I confused some things here. The back of the label reads "Trademark Reg. Resilient U.S. Patent 1447090". The patent is from 1922.
I confused the "Trademark Reg." with the (R) in Circle, which was AFAIK introduced 1947. This isn't the case here though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart