Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for the encouraging words, Lee. Tom is quite interested in the vintage idea in general, just have to tread lightly and slowly. The details and fabrics really intrigue him especially, as the vintage clothing and accessories were so exquisitely done.

You're on the right track, Carey. As you know, ties are essential when pulling off that vintage, city clothes look. Bravo. -Lee

And the tie of the day is:
$(KGrHqYOKpcFFysFy)lfBRc6eKM2iw~~60_57.JPG
$T2eC16dHJHgFFlgz0Ri5BRc6e,687g~~60_3.JPG

I've been reading some posts about knot planned, could you explain what that means? Certain ties only tie well as certain knots, you mean?

Sure. I can explain. Some ties have a pattern that when tied correctly, the knot is a different pattern that the tie body. The ties had to be planned out so the knot would work out correctly on the tie--thus knot planned tie. Here is one example---tied incorrectly but it gives you an idea:
$(KGrHqVHJF!FDH)CLo3(BQ33oVOigg~~60_57.JPG

Notice that the knot is meant to be solid brown and different from the tie pattern. Here is an untied example:
$T2eC16NHJHgFFl)hgTs0BRc3wqO2!g~~60_57.JPG

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Liking that Salmon tie...no idea why but I like it!....here's three finds from earlier this week in a local charity/thrift shop all at 99p(why can't they just be a whole pound each?).... one's is a 1960's? Tricel/Rayon? Duggie cravat and one is a fairly modern 'NEXT' tie but made in raw silk? in the UK...Macclesfield silk? but a retro/vintage pattern that will go well with my cream linen suit I think...obviously there's one of my favourite 'tweedy' wool ties in the mix too, it's 2 3/4" x 51"!
347z39w.jpg
5d5b9x.jpg

233zh5.jpg
1syt8o.jpg

332clg4.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
It's virtually mint if not mint TT it just needs a cool iron with a cloth over it, a bit too sixties? for me I think but I had to save it, guess I'll pass it on as I have afairly good selection of cravats now colour wise.

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
Here's a couple, by the same company, both featuring foxes! Circa 1930's I think. Tags read "By Donegal, Cohama California Swagger" and both have union tags.

First one with a motif of the Aesop fable "The Fox and the Crow" - complete with a wedge of cheese!

001.jpg

002.jpg

Second one features red foxes jumping around what appear to be a herd of little yellow lambs. Run lambs, run!

003.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
M.D. I love the Yellowstone - great colours in a simple pattern.

Hyena - the fox/crow/cheese tie has to be one of the weirdest ties I have even seen. I wouldn't wear it - but I love it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran