Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Today's tie in the field: 3-1/2" Fosette out of Paris. Looks early to mid 50's to me based on design/fabric, but i don't know... first photo is truer to color.

fosette1.jpg

fosette2.jpg

Annixter here's a couple of black ties I've had since back in college (late 80s). Both are vintage late 50s/early 60s
u9a7esu9.jpg
3ehe7e6u.jpg
ape6ajam.jpg

Back in those days my jacket size was about what my waist size is now and I could rock those skinny ties, as well as skinny lapels and pegged trousers. These days, not so much.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Annixter

Practically Family
Annixter here's a couple of black ties I've had since back in college (late 80s). Both are vintage late 50s/early 60s
u9a7esu9.jpg
3ehe7e6u.jpg
ape6ajam.jpg

Back in those days my jacket size was about what my waist size is now and I could rock those skinny ties, as well as skinny lapels and pegged trousers. These days, not so much.

Skinny indeed. Why do you still have them now that you've turned to the wide side?:p Skinny or not, they take up space for the wide'ns.:p

I could have given the additional information that I don't see black 30's through early 50's wide ties. It seems that with the bland revolution of skinny, mono ties, the darker colors, black included, became very popular, as your ties pictured above show.

Ha! I got rid of a lot years ago but for some reason have hung onto a handful of the cooler looking ones. I rarely wear the wide ones either but I still keep 'em around.

Both very nice. Good patriotic color themes.

I didn't say I didn't want them, I said I rarely wear them. I don't wear a tie in my profession, and about the only time I do these days is in church, but since I'm apt as not to have a slobbering baby girl in my lap I tend to forego the irreplaceable old ones. It's a temporary setback, I'm trying to enjoy it while I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24