Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Very nice ties, everyone! For Christmas, I have ordered the ties that I've shown pictures of, pretty recently, and on Christmas, I also received a very nice tie hanger for my closet, that could hold up to about sixty ties. Most of my new ties are narrow (Some of them are very narrow, down to 1 1/2"!), with a couple of identical 4" wide black wool ties. Black wool ties are some of my favorites. Perhaps you may have an idea about these being mainly for more dressed up events, like weddings or funerals, but I wear black ones pretty often. When I put one of these new ties on, I'll try to show a picture of it.

miket5r

A-List Customer
hello

I am a great fan of the Serie "Hell on Wheels".
Can you help me, is this a tie what is Colm Meany wearing? Or is it a scarf?
And why can i find a instruction to bind it.
Here a picture:
how208-durant-560.jpg

5150b5927334ec377fcafa80d869002a.jpg

Bold or Boring, I appreciate the input from all of you.
Happy New Year to you guys and I hope we all find plenty of the ones we like in 2015.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
That is a great website for that era of clothing. :clap:

It is! I haven't bought anything from there, but apart from the fact that there are polyester blended garments, the clothes seem authentic enough to me. There are some interesting pants and coats, as well as all of those ties and scarves. I wonder if Hollywood ever uses their clothes for period productions?

It is! I haven't bought anything from there, but apart from the fact that there are polyester blended garments, the clothes seem authentic enough to me. There are some interesting pants and coats, as well as all of those ties and scarves. I wonder if Hollywood ever uses their clothes for period productions?

My friend bought a frock coat from them a while back. It looks good enough to me. :p

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Can't wait for this one to arrive.

Can anyone help with the approximate date of this tie? The fabric and cut looks 30-40's, but it might be early 50's already.
Also what were the usual countries of origin for "imported fabrics"?

Tie.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo