Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Can't wait for this one to arrive.

Can anyone help with the approximate date of this tie? The fabric and cut looks 30-40's, but it might be early 50's already.
Also what were the usual countries of origin for "imported fabrics"?

Tie.jpg

Nice! I like the fabric---wherever it comes from. :D

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys! Yes Britain was my suspicion - but still rather odd that these "imported fabric" labels seldomly mention the country of origin.

As to the width: 3 3/4 inches.

Excellent snag, Luftwaffles! That is a great looking tie!
And I agree with JP, a half blue-half silver knot would be sublime. How about an action shot?

a77bedc7cc2cd2a7da768537d5848c03.jpg

Found this Towncraft that might appeal to the striped tie fans.
30114e06022f9429f200893a43ad0335.jpg

It's got something for everyone.
9cd327eac1ee956ba1a8786f80292fa3.jpg

3327838c2d7705e675f7a35da77937c4.jpg

I have never seen a hand painted with the stripes done horizontally like this. It was pretty cheap, and I like maroon and grey together, so I grabbed it.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
here's a few recent finds of mine;
ri9pp5.jpg
2k3b6r.jpg

There are two of these identical and NOS the only difference is the pattern, nice to have a retailers label on two, sadly though outwardly mint they both have had a couple of moth bites luckily to the rear and given the weave I'm pretty sure I can patch them in.
xdux5f.jpg
2hqgtv6.jpg

This one is very black though camera makes it look washed out, not sure of material though it feels like rayon , cotton or fine wool, only label is SC&CO LTD, could be a service tie?

jre784.jpg
zkiaf7.jpg

I love this one, the texture and weave is great, material is wool and nicely the mill in Laxey on the Isle of Mann is still in operation, colour is closest on the label/rear shot.

Last edited:
Nice finds. Some great textures going on there. The last ones are really cool. I dig the plaid one with the red threads woven in.

Excellent JP!!
Mai Tai time!

A REAL Mai Tai not that frou frou junk either. :p
Break out the Overproof rum, rock candy syrup and the other ingredients----NO pineapple and other nutball fruit juices. :p
Or as Trader Vic himself said:
"It was J. Wray & Nephew from Jamaica-surprisingly golden in color, medium bodied, but with the rich pungent flavor particular to the Jamaican blends."The flavor of this great rum wasn't meant to be overpowered with heavy addition of fruit juices and flavorings.
"I took a fresh lime, added some orange curacao from Holland, a dash of rock candy syrup, and a dollop of French orgeat for its subtle almond flavor.

"I added a generous amount of shaved ice and shook it vigorously by hand to produce the marriage I was after. Half the lime shell went into each drink for color and I stuck in a branch of fresh mint." Done and done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo