Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Dostioffsky

One of the Regulars
He wants 100 euros for the whole lot of 72 ties. I guess that might not so bad for the 30's ties alone, but I don't really have any interest in 50s/60s or newer ties. Hopefully he can show me some better pictures! We'll see...

The Good, I think 1880/1890 are more or less the same as these. Especially that big black bow tie in the bottom right on the first picture seems something from those years.

Annixter

Practically Family
He wants 100 euros for the whole lot of 72 ties. I guess that might not so bad for the 30's ties alone, but I don't really have any interest in 50s/60s or newer ties. Hopefully he can show me some better pictures! We'll see...

100 Euros ($114 USD) seems pretty optimistic for the lot (on the US market) based of what the seller has. As others have noted, I see at least a handful or two of probably 1970's and newer ties in there. Most of the ties that do appear to be older are nothing out of the ordinary, aside from a few interesting ones. If I collected more conservative ties like this lot (which I don't), I see myself keeping around half of them and unable to resell the other half, at least in my experience trying to sell more conservative ties. So 1.39 Euros each + shipping quickly becomes 2.8 Euros each + shipping, which seems steep to me. Then again, we work for our money and spend it where and in the amounts we see fit, and different regions garner different prices, so I hope you get a good deal on some good ties.:D

If you do get the lot and aren't interested in keeping that one bolder-looking burgundy with two blue/white diagonal stripes pictured in the back row, I'd be interested in trading a conservative 30's/40's tie from those I have.;)

Last edited:

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Today, I made a hand painted necktie.

xgnPeVk.jpg

d7lxDHP.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred