Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
True that. I never wear club or regimental ties - but I must admit I collect them if they're about. My grandfather once wore one he picked up by accident and got challenged on the street! He never realised it was regimental tie!

That's a nice tie JP , trouble is over here there's so many regimental, university and school ties out there not to mention rugby and cricket clubs etc that it'd take you a month to identify to which it belonged and if you could get away with wearing it!

Which is why I just don't want to be bothered with those. With my luck, I would run into someone who would not be too nice about it either. :p

A couple of recent Salvation Army finds.
Haband
image.jpg image.jpg
A childrens tie, no label, just 35" long and 1 1/2" wide. I just liked the embroidered sea horse.
image.jpg

BootsNBraces

New in Town
There's a uniform website selling them (can't remember the name but just Google them) but then they're only the modern ones still in use. Joshua Barrett found out about one he had so perhaps he has a source.

I just did various image searches online and mainly used sights like this: http://www.regimentalshop.com/shop/products/101-Regimental-Ties-for-British-Army-Regiments/ to search out designs - be aware though, not all sites have all the designs - this one for example doesn't have the design I was looking for.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Here's a couple I've acquired in the last week, this 'Glen Saxe' from Ebay at a very good price, understated and mint condition;
16atr0o.jpg
1znn3nt.jpg

27wx15j.jpg

Not sure if there was a retailers label thats been cutout here though, red and white bit just left of centre? certainly appears so on the inside there does seem to be the remant of a label
10hkhaq.jpg

48" long, blade 3 7/8" wide, very lightweight summer? construction

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy