Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Hunt49, a classic look. Well done.

Retro Spectator and Michael, I'm not sure exactly what it is that I like about the super short wide tie look, but I dig it. A lot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Got these lovely ties for Christmas. One of them (the deep navy blue one) is pure silk from Saks 5th avenue. My faves are the squirrel tie and the brown with pink streaks and green vines

VintageEveryday that is,a nice lot!!! Someone thinks highly of you. That squirrel one is a real treasure, but they are all completely top shelf and any one of them would've been a rocking gift. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jamesmac1801

One of the Regulars
I have a question for fellow loungers . What would be the width of a 40s square end knit tie ? I know knit ties are usually narrow or skinny but 40s ties never are would it be 4 inches like a standard tie or narrower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
This tie has to be one of the first Dacron ties ever made. At a first glance, the tie appears to be a 40s or 50s tie because it is stitched as such and it is 51" long and 3 3/4" wide. Oddly enough, the tie is made from Dacron. I did not know Dacron was around in the late 40s-early 50s era.

Edit: I just looked Dacron up on Wikipedia and it seems that the name was registered in 1952 if I am not mistaken. That would mean that this tie is probably from 1952 because later 50s ties were much more narrow and sewn differently.
FKKokSW.jpg

VgHkoUg.jpg

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Here's some ties I picked up today.

Brooks Bros. tie. 52" long. 3" wide. Probably late 40s or 50s.
E6Sk06m.jpg

WqKFHb9.jpg

Vicky Davis. 50" long. 1 3/4" wide. Probably 60s.
05NzbDj.jpg

tnDIEl4.jpg

Murray's Taggery Shop Nantucket Island. 51 1/2" long. 3" wide. Probably 50s or 60s.
xcKC5a8.jpg

qDPmltT.jpg

Blue striped tie. 53" long. 3" wide. Probably late 60s.
golqZhW.jpg

Olive striped tie. 52" long. 3 1/2" wide. This one is tricky, but I'm guessing very early 70s.
xFhyQrP.jpg

Red woven tie. 51" long. 2 1/4" wide. Difficult to date to be honest, but I'm guessing late 60s.
5bjyoqK.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points