Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I like that one. You might be able to find a last possible date made by searching on Botany Mills. I believe they were in New Jersey, but I could be recalling that wrong.

I like that one too. How many are you up to now of the 500 tartans? I don't seem to find too many around here. I did find this Robert Talbot today, and it made in around my neck for the bike ride home.

Thanks for the tip on searching the Botany's date. "In late 1955, Botany left the textile business and transferred its Passaic plant to an affiliate company, Clarence Worsted." Can't find much on them.

I think I may be up to three of the tartans from that particular manufacturer. Maybe a dozen or so plaid ties overall.

I like your cashmere/wool blend tie! Dig that jacket as well...

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bob. I like that new woolie too. Today I'm trying the hand printed silk model, but I'm not sure I like the look with this outfit.
DSCN0672 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0671 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0678 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I may try switching to a Bleeding Madras skinny tie that I don't think I've worn before. And if that doesn't work, maybe something else. Ha ha. I'm just killing time here this morning.

Michael

I don't usually post any action shots, so here's one. I wore this Wormser duck tie to a friend's art opening at a local gallery. There was a little vintage shop across the street and I found this cool glass. It was perfect for the free sangria at the art show.
62c886ba350d3fcf83b421e5b3c7d055.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Dale, I love everything about this photograph!!

MondoFW

Practically Family
Bob, that Towncraft looks great. The pattern, price tag, and silk all lead me to believe it could be late 20's, 30's. Someone can correct me on this. Good find!

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
As promised, the new acquisitions from the flea market:
both not in best condition, but cheap ;)

1. somewhat unusual/extraordinary in terms of pattern & colour:
1930s/40s, blue with woven pattern, without label but surely european/(german?)
32617880wq.jpg

2. unusual just for a flea market around the corner:
blue-violet with gaudy pattern - bold-look, already early/mid 50s from the USA: "COAST TO COAST - NATIONAL SHIRT SHOPS"
32617881in.jpg

32617882es.jpg

As promised, the new acquisitions from the flea market:
both not in best condition, but cheap ;)

1. somewhat unusual/extraordinary in terms of pattern & colour:
1930s/40s, blue with woven pattern, without label but surely european/(german?)
32617880wq.jpg

2. unusual just for a flea market around the corner:
blue-violet with gaudy pattern - bold-look, already early/mid 50s from the USA: "COAST TO COAST - NATIONAL SHIRT SHOPS"
32617881in.jpg

32617882es.jpg
Nice finds Matt! I'm with Bob, that second one is sweet!

I remember National Shirt Shops still being in business when I was in school back in the early 80s. I have no doubt I had some shirts from there, and probably a tie or two, although they would've been much skinnier from that time. I was too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner