Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

MondoFW

Practically Family
A vintage Towncraft Deluxe Cravat worn today.

i-b57Kkdp-M.jpg

i-srh35Xw-M.jpg

i-CSnL33x-M.jpg

best, Eric -
Brocade ties, my favorite. Great fit as usual, Eric.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Brocade ties, my favorite. Great fit as usual, Eric.

Thanks sir. Agreed - brocde ties do indeed rock.

Killer tie Eric. The whole ensemble rocks...

Thanks Bob. I had an errand picking up some hats mid morning and the individual commented on the hat and tie - I was puffed up for much of the ride back to work.

Thanks for the likes folks. If you find an opportunity, share your ties.

Eric -

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I don’t usually buy ties off eBay, but this one spoke to me. Reminds me of a painting on black velvet. 48” x 3”.

dc35bd720f3b43f5e973cdc73455c2de.jpg

106bb7b30d0a623e072b13224e306c3e.jpg

bbb3b75679e336cd08e9b44c93883c42.jpg

47210b1d791012df64b5466311008100.jpg
Great tie, Bob. I just found a Cavalier of Louisville last week. First time I remember hearing of them. Love those bright ducks on black background.

Vintage 40's floral (grey blue color hue) neck tie was my choice for a meeting and errand. Tie acquired from Vintage Haberdashers.

i-rHvVtQv-M.jpg

i-jChGcJp-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Are you sure that's not from the late 50s Eric. It's the spitting image of the people eating flower in the 1960 version of Little Shop of Horrors. Ha ha. Great tie.

Michael

Vintage 40's floral (grey blue color hue) neck tie was my choice for a meeting and errand. Tie acquired from Vintage Haberdashers.

i-rHvVtQv-M.jpg

i-jChGcJp-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
A fine acquisition, Eric!! I like the way the flowers pop out against the more subdued background. I have no doubt you commanded everyone's attention at the meeting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The recent 30-50's ties I have been wearing are definitely draw comments. More comments than my hats or caps.

Eric -
That's an interesting observation, Eric. I wonder if ties are just more accessible to the average fella. A lot of guys will comment on a hat, but then make it clear that they themselves could never pull off the look. A tie, on the other hand, is something even non hat wearing gents will indulge in, and who wouldn't prefer one of these bold vintage beauties to some of today's more sedate fare?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
That's an interesting observation, Eric. I wonder if ties are just more accessible to the average fella. A lot of guys will comment on a hat, but then make it clear that they themselves could never pull off the look. A tie, on the other hand, is something even non hat wearing gents will indulge in, and who wouldn't prefer one of these bold vintage beauties to some of today's more sedate fare?

Thanks Dale. Your post has a ring of truth to it.

This afternoon I was trying to match decade of a vtg.Knox Vagabond and a vtg. Cutters Cravat. 1940's was my intent.

i-r3TNWDD-M.jpg

i-r5bSmtQ-M.jpg

i-fWDGF5B-M.jpg

i-PhPvQMq-M.jpg

i-b9nQxKc-M.jpg

i-VbXVv5J-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

The Necktie Guy

Familiar Face
Here's another one of my 60's knit ties from Rooster! I bought this online in May 2017. Tie came with the original gift box and even a Rooster plastic hanger, which is a really neat thing to have in my collection!

1960's
Originally sold at Jenss' flaship store at the Boulevard Mall in Amherst, NY.
Color is dark green and brown, with hints of copper and emerald green.
Heathernit by Rooster
65% Mohair, 35% Wool
49" X 2-1/4"

HEeV5dE.jpg

I bet there used to be plenty of these little plastic hangers in the 60's, but were disposed of immediately after being purchased.
4EsKGbl.jpg

KsudrFo.jpg

8mCHmS2.jpg

2KpwF3k.jpg

s0QbZhH.jpg

wyPF9sn.jpg

HOK92RK.jpg

1950's Beau Brummell Palm Beach "Uniform Tie"
60% Rayon, 35% Acetate, 5% Mohair
52" X 2-1/4"

I'm going to wear either this or the Rooster Heathernit under a black sweater this Friday. Heck, maybe I'll just switch between the two throughout the day... :rolleyes:

3hLA8yS.jpg

xWFlGS3.jpg

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I picked up a couple of ties yesterday at my favorite thrift's monthly half price sale.
DSCN5896 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The left one is handmade wool and the right is a generic square bottom skinny. And by generic I mean it doesn't have any labels.
DSCN5897 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And by handmade I mean handmade by Maisie Williams.
DSCN5898 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hand stitched label.

Have a good one,
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner