Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

The Necktie Guy

Familiar Face
One of my most recent additions to my collection! I'm having a tough time figuring out whether it's silk or rayon.

1950's
United Shirt Distributors "De Luxe Quality" Tie
Burgundy background with red, white and blue rectangles.
50" X 4"

2Sbra5Z.jpg

ufDxrD6.jpg

5Oa6SqF.jpg

All photos above are courtesy of eBay seller: ghosttownvintage

x30BCJ3.jpg

Under the United Shirt label, I found the original price tag. It originally sold for $1.50.

iWrw0Rr.jpg

I picked up a couple of ties yesterday at my favorite thrift's monthly half price sale.
DSCN5896 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The left one is handmade wool and the right is a generic square bottom skinny. And by generic I mean it doesn't have any labels.
DSCN5897 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And by handmade I mean handmade by Maisie Williams.
DSCN5898 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hand stitched label.

Have a good one,
Michael
Nice finds!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

One of my most recent additions to my collection! I'm having a tough time figuring out whether it's silk or rayon.

1950's
50" X 4"

2Sbra5Z.jpg

ufDxrD6.jpg

5Oa6SqF.jpg

All photos above are courtesy of eBay seller: ghosttownvintage

x30BCJ3.jpg

Under the United Shirt label, I found the original price tag. It originally sold for $1.50.

iWrw0Rr.jpg
Great print on that one!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
1950's
50" X 4"

I like your new tie. Congrats. Wear it with pride, Eric -

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Excellent ties Michael and Eric! Both a perfect palette for an autumn day. Nice work!

Thanks Dale. I spotted a couple of new possible additions to the herd today, but I was out without cash. If they are still around the next time I get out I might find them hard to resist. Ha ha.

Thanks,
Michael

The Necktie Guy

Familiar Face
One of my more conservative ties in my collection.

I would date this as 1950's.
Textured dark brown tie with mint color dots and red triangles.
Has some sheen under normal lighting.
Unknown fabric and maker, possibly silk or rayon.
45-1/2" X 3-3/8

IS6swgE.jpg

y67BYvJ.jpg

vYlgwTJ.jpg

0tQyVXh.jpg

Q46yWV5.jpg

By the way, what's the best way to get rid of creases such as the one below? Ties tend to have these annoying creases after traveling in an envelope.

kWyYB1Z.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

45-1/2" X 3-3/8

IS6swgE.jpg

y67BYvJ.jpg

vYlgwTJ.jpg

0tQyVXh.jpg

Q46yWV5.jpg

By the way, what's the best way to get rid of creases such as the one below? Ties tend to have these annoying creases after traveling in an envelope.

kWyYB1Z.jpg

Wrinkle removal?; Disclaimer: I am a recent appreciator of vintage ties. I have followed by behaviors cultured by my stay in Corp America. I have slacks, ties and blazers(suits in the past) worn during the last week hanging in my wardrobe waiting for me to steam them wrinkle free before the iron heats up to iron shirts. Moderate steam and heat works for the silk and rayon ties. I do utilize a white cotton dish cloth to put over items that have stubborn wrinkles. To date I have not ruined any ties/slacks. My vintage ties of late have come out smooth and clean after steaming and gently brushing (with long hair clothing brush).

I hope my more rookie experience assists. Best, Eric -

MondoFW

Practically Family

45-1/2" X 3-3/8

IS6swgE.jpg

y67BYvJ.jpg

vYlgwTJ.jpg

0tQyVXh.jpg

Q46yWV5.jpg

kWyYB1Z.jpg
Cool one, albeit quite conservative. Is it a brocade example? I've just received 3 new 30's brocade ones, I ought to photograph them to show you guys soon.

busmatt

New in Town
By all means, join in!!

Thanks I will, I don’t like long neckties, they look very nice on some people but just seem to get in the way for me so I’m much happier wearing a self tied Dickie, there’s something cool about the way they tie a little different every time and always look a little wonky, I’ll post some pictures of my small collection someday but at the moment I’m wearing this one

4ca892518cf19a0c741bf42383f14543.jpg

It’s a vintage one I picked up from a charity shop.

My dad wears cravats all the time, I’ll snap some pictures of him when I can, it’s always good to see different neck wear for reference.

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner