Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Yamahana

One Too Many
This green with red Wieboldt’s landed here last week. The colors to me give it a Christmas vibe. My pics were turning out more gray so here’s couple seller pics.
IMG_6299.jpeg
IMG_6300.jpeg

When it arrived a reminded me of another Christmas themed I picked up in February.
IMG_6298.jpeg
IMG_6296.jpeg

The pics don’t show it real well but these are reflective flecks scattered that make it look like glistening snow.

This green with red Wieboldt’s landed here last week. The colors to me give it a Christmas vibe. My pics were turning out more gray so here’s couple seller pics.
View attachment 541590 View attachment 541591
When it arrived a reminded me of another Christmas themed I picked up in February.
View attachment 541592 View attachment 541593
The pics don’t show it real well but these are reflective flecks scattered that make it look like glistening snow.
Excellent!!!

I'm really digging that winter/holiday landscape one.

Yamahana

One Too Many
Picked up these 3 hand painted ties off of eBay this past week.
IMG_6405.jpeg

I’m not sure how far back the “Pilgrim” brand dates back but it looks like a 30’s- early 40’s to me. Has a small hole and was priced accordingly.
IMG_6406.jpeg
I thought this Wembley was really cool, couldn’t pass it up.
IMG_6407.jpeg

This Regal for Plymouth is an absolute dandy, I love the buckaroo and is well detailed. Priced a little higher than I wanted to pay. Put it on my watch list hoping seller would send a lower offer but no such luck. After about a week I couldn’t stand it any longer so I bit.
IMG_6408.jpeg
IMG_6409.jpeg

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
Picked up these 3 hand painted ties off of eBay this past week. View attachment 543959
I’m not sure how far back the “Pilgrim” brand dates back but it looks like a 30’s- early 40’s to me. Has a small hole and was priced accordingly.
View attachment 543960
View attachment 543961
This Regal for Plymouth is an absolute dandy, I love the buckaroo and is well detailed. Priced a little higher than I wanted to pay. Put it on my watch list hoping seller would send a lower offer but no such luck. After about a week I couldn’t stand it any longer so I bit.
View attachment 543962 View attachment 543963
All 3 really cool! Congrats!

Picked up these 3 hand painted ties off of eBay this past week. View attachment 543959
View attachment 543960
View attachment 543961
View attachment 543962 View attachment 543963
Fantastic!

That cowboy was worth every cent you paid for it (hell.... they all were) and the airplane one is really an amazing and unusual find.

Yamahana

One Too Many
Fantastic!

That cowboy was worth every cent you paid for it (hell.... they all were) and the airplane one is really an amazing and unusual find.
Thanks, Dale. The buckaroo tie was actually not too bad $$ at least not in comparison to that spiderweb Haband. I've just got so many I try to stay within some kinda budget, at least thats what I tell myself. I'm going to need a couple more vintage tie racks now.

Yamahana

One Too Many
Had to reshuffle, rearrange my overflow closet to add another tie rack. I’ve had this one for awhile and may have posted before but took a picture of it while I had it down to move. I love these vintage style/color coordinators chart racks.
IMG_6444.jpeg
IMG_6445.jpeg

I have a plethora of vintage skinny ties as well even though I don’t wear them much. They were either too cool or too inexpensive to pass up at the time.
IMG_6446.jpeg

Had to reshuffle, rearrange my overflow closet to add another tie rack. I’ve had this one for awhile and may have posted before but took a picture of it while I had it down to move. I love these vintage style/color coordinators chart racks.
View attachment 545405 View attachment 545406

I have a plethora of vintage skinny ties as well even though I don’t wear them much. They were either too cool or too inexpensive to pass up at the time.
View attachment 545407
Excellent collection! AND tie rack. I used to buy the $#!% out of those skinny ties back in the 1980s...when I too was fairly skinny. They could often be had for mere nickles and dimes. My friends and I always thought the Wembleys were extra cool because they told you on the label what color suit to wear with them. Your tie rack totally reminded me of that.

Yamahana

One Too Many
Excellent collection! AND tie rack. I used to buy the $#!% out of those skinny ties back in the 1980s...when I too was fairly skinny. They could often be had for mere nickles and dimes. My friends and I always thought the Wembleys were extra cool because they told you on the label what color suit to wear with them. Your tie rack totally reminded me of that.
Thanks Dale, I’ve had s few of those Wembleys as well, they’re cool. A lot more time and attention went into the details back then. Heck even the labels were art deco cool in detail.
I’ve become pretty disenchanted with the hat threads and probably spending too much time watching for vintage ties, workwear and western wear. Hence my need for another tie rack.

ErWeSa

Familiar Face
Thats awesome that you have these fine ties to remember him every time you wear them. Coincidently I just gave a tie of my fathers who passed in 2000, still tied to my 18 year old grandson.
Thank you! My father himself gave some of his shirts to my son - I think/hope he cherishes them - there are some photos which show my father wearing them.

I have always cherished the suits my father gave to me (he didn't chersih them so much - they were "old fashioned") as they were very high quality garments of the 1950s and 1960s.

My mother's clothes of this period also are high quality pieces - she was very proud of them - and they are still there - as she was quite short my wife (even if she should want to) can't wear them which is a pity. Watching films of the 1950s ("To Catch a Thief" with Grace Kelly e. g.) and photos of Jacqueline Kennedy and other icons of the 1950s/1960s always remind me of her elegance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner