Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Some recent finds......one on the right is a "Reversible Tie" with a different pattern on each side , the one on the left was patented in 1952 as a one fabric easy care tie that will not disfigure due to differential shrinkage from multiple fabrics (separate filler/backing). Green one is a "Beau Brummell". Black one is an Army Issue wool cravat.
1667932548507.png

Some recent finds......one on the right is a "Reversible Tie" with a different pattern on each side , the one on the left was patented in 1952 as a one fabric easy care tie that will not disfigure due to differential shrinkage from multiple fabrics (separate filler/backing). Green one is a "Beau Brummell". Black one is an Army Issue wool cravat. View attachment 463251
Great finds!

Yamahana

Practically Family
I haven't added a tie to the collection in quite a while (and it looks like I'm not the only one) but when I came across this one I had to nab it.
View attachment 492070 View attachment 492071
No label, and it's got some tape residue that may or may not come clean, but those things weren't a dealbreaker.
That is a dandy! Can never go wrong with flamingos and Palm tress.

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
I haven't added a tie to the collection in quite a while (and it looks like I'm not the only one) but when I came across this one I had to nab it.
View attachment 492070 View attachment 492071
No label, and it's got some tape residue that may or may not come clean, but those things weren't a dealbreaker.
In fact, this thread has been a bit lonely lately. All the more great is its revival with your wonderful arrangement of palms and flamingos, Dale!

Fantastic Dale! I've been looking, but only find marginally interesting ones and the prices have jumped in the last year or two.

That is a dandy! Can never go wrong with flamingos and Palm tress.

In fact, this thread has been a bit lonely lately. All the more great is its revival with your wonderful arrangement of palms and flamingos, Dale!
Thanks guys. To be truthful, I've been trying to throttle back on the tie purchasing, but I couldn't pass this one for the price.

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many

GHT

I'll Lock Up
In the UK we call an Ascot a cravat, I have learned that Ascot is the correct term whilst cravat is a generic term for any neck adornment, be it Ascot, neck tie or scarf. Not that we Brits are likely to change the term, cravat.

Tina has surprised my and ordered a Cravat, or is that Ascot, to go with the Panama hat and blue blazer, she loves the blazer. Here's what I can expect.

cravat.jpg
The top pocket adornment and cuff links come with it.

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
I can't 'bitch' that the thread is 'orphaned' and not contribute anything myself. On the other hand, the previously posted tie rack has also hooked me once again to go hunting (apart from the fact that the few bars already hang full anyway). So here we go...

45333256es.jpg

45333255xf.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot