Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Feraud

Bartender
An Arrow
1263234442.jpg

scotrace said:
This is it. Best Tie I Have Ever Seen.
4225856639_2e2b451468_b.jpg

Now that's a swell tie, with great colors, a dramatic pattern that creates both tension and balance.

I like the ties that the pattern sets up something of an "S" shape down the front for a power swoop. Again dramatic tension & balance for me echoing the Ying Yang symbol in a way.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
marineabilly said:
Holy cripes!!! :eek: Now that, Sir, is one R-O-C-K-I-N' tie. I'd love to get my hands on one of those!! Never seen anything like it.

Yes, it was a beauty, and in mint condition: no fading, no fraying. The main color was teal blue.

Unfortunately, I sold it during a down period for eBay. Got about $100, when it normally would have gone for over $200.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Shrimp anyone?

Thrifted this a couple days ago. Only 46" end-to-end compared to 54-1/2" on one of my modern ties. Has that label style and flared small end which are indicative of... well, I can't remember. What IS that indicative of? '20s, '30s, '40s?...

I wish you could see in person the metallic quality of the green and gold/copperish thread. :)

DSC_0007-2.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Ive got about a dozen, but this one is and probably will always be my favorite.

1930s short tie. Ive had at least 3 people who have wanted to buy this one off me!

IMG_7265.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace