Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
You did VERY well then. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
The Van Cruise line was one of the best parts of their tie collection as far as I am concerned.
Are you going to collect the other six wonders ties now? ;) :D

I would like to have them all, but they are hard to find (plus, I'm not going to spend more than a few bucks for one). And you're right about the Van Cruise line being one of the best offerings from Van Heusen.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, I previously posted this, but now you can finally see this thrift store find in a larger size. It is labeled, "YOU CAN'T TELL A BOOK BY ITS COVER," came from Bullock's, Los Angeles, and features books, shelves, and lamps. Measures 4" wide, 52" long, and feels like rayon.
CCF00272010_00002.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Folks

How old do you think this ties are? They are my only "old" ones. Thrift shops and flea markets in my area only seem to have ties with pattern like eighties sofa cushions. :eusa_doh:

1004659a.jpg

1004660.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Widebrim said:
Okay, I previously posted this, but now you can finally see this thrift store find in a larger size. It is labeled, "YOU CAN'T TELL A BOOK BY ITS COVER," came from Bullock's, Los Angeles, and features books, shelves, and lamps. Measures 4" wide, 52" long, and feels like rayon.
CCF00272010_00002.jpg

This would be a perfect one with a cheesecake bathing beauty on the other side...;)

Widebrim said:
I would like to have them all, but they are hard to find (plus, I'm not going to spend more than a few bucks for one). And you're right about the Van Cruise line being one of the best offerings from Van Heusen.

If you are not going to spend more than a few bucks, then they are going to be hard to find. ;) :p They are out there though. Try finding all of the Signet ties connected to Duel in the Sun (1947). I have one. :rolleyes:
Here is the ad:
061202018.jpg

I have the one on the far left. Anyone who happens to have the one of the others, let me know if it is for sale.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here is an interesting one from a thrift store. It is silk-screened labeled (unsurprisingly) "CANDLE STICK," and was sold by Harris & Frank. Measures 4" wide, 53" long, and feels like rayon. Unfortunately, the previous owner(s) flat ironed it, so I need to restore the roll on the edges.:(
CCF03112010_00001.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Picked up a new one today at the thrift shop. 2-3/4" at the widest point. 53" long.
Colwell Brothers LTD.
The English Shop
Halifax, N.S.
by Park Lane

P1040252.jpg

P1040143.jpg

P1040144.jpg

Same store as a mid '30s overcoat I bought at the same thrift shop last year.
IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

A '60s skinny tie also at the thrift shop, which I didn't buy, also by Colwell's, showing their later logo.
P1040142.jpg

The store is still in business.
DSC00265.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou