Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Here's my latest acquisition, which I picked up for a relative song. It's 49.5" long, 3.5" wide.

newtie030210a.jpg
newtie030210b.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
It's tough finding them anymore. This is from a thrift store in Sioux Falls, SD, today for fifty cents. I always ask the clerk if they have any more in the back that they haven't brought out yet. Most of the time they'll bring them up or let me look through them in the back. This nifty fifties one was brought up from the back in a tub of others, but this was the only vintage one..... :(

tie-6.jpg
[/IMG]

theinterchange

One Too Many
Found this at a thrift shop on the other side of the state 2 days ago. It set me back an astonishing .50 cents! :eek:

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

It has an embroidered flame motif, which seems to go from a full flame higher to just a few sparks at the end. Though, it could be that the embroidery has come undone over the years, but I doubt it, this is in great shape.

Randy

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^I can relate! I almost lost out on a great panel tie for 50c, only because it had a tiny hole on the front blade. Going back a second time to look at it, thank God it was still in the sales basket, and I realized the error of my way, making it one of the favorites of my collection. (And the hole is hardly noticeable when worn with coat and tie bar.)

-Lee

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Widebrim said:
^^I can relate! I almost lost out on a great panel tie for 50c, only because it had a tiny hole on the front blade. Going back a second time to look at it, thank God it was still in the sales basket, and I realized the error of my way, making it one of the favorites of my collection. (And the hole is hardly noticeable when worn with coat and tie bar.)

:) I know exactly where that sales basket is, Widebrim. (Haven't bought any ties from it, but always enjoy rifling through the pile.)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Today I went to a Salvation Army over on Pico, not far from Alvarado, and one of the salesladies brought out two large containers of ties from the stockroom (it pays to speak Spanish in L.A.). Unfortunately, apart from a few thin ties of no remarkable quality, there really was nothing much. Yet you never know when you are going to score!

Widebrim said:
Today I went to a Salvation Army over on Pico, not far from Alvarado, and one of the salesladies brought out two large containers of ties from the stockroom (it pays to speak Spanish in L.A.). Unfortunately, apart from a few thin ties of no remarkable quality, there really was nothing much. Yet you never know when you are going to score!

I know what you mean. I went to the local White Elephant sale today. I must have rifled through plenty as well. Same result---nothing bought. I did get a decent Schnoble hat for $5 though. [huh] :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany