Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

That 2-sided handpainted is great. I don't think i've ever owned one like that.

Here's a new batch from Sulka. I ended up paying over the odds, about $5 a tie including shipping. My usual limit is $3 per tie. Enjoy.

Printed Foulard silk:

SulkaFoulards.jpg

Crepe. Strangely for Sulka, some of these are marked Rayon.

SulkaCrepes.jpg

And the Moire's. The first and 5th from left are not Moire.

SulkaMoires.jpg

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Just picked these two up.
The tie on right lacks a label. due to it's shorter length, color and fabric I'm guessing 1940's. The atomic fleck tie has me baffled, it's slimmer and longer like a '50s tie, but it lacks a liner and has machine stitching like a '20s-'30s tie. Anyone know anymore hints to it's age?
CIMG1222.jpg

CIMG1223.jpg

The tie on right lacks a label. due to it's shorter length, color and fabric I'm guessing 1940's. The atomic fleck tie has me baffled, it's slimmer and longer like a '50s tie, but it lacks a liner and has machine stitching like a '20s-'30s tie. Anyone know anymore hints to it's age?
CIMG1222.jpg

CIMG1223.jpg

Donegal tweeds can fool you. That is a fairly contemporary tie. They were popular in the 80s if memory serves me correctly.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
CIMG1222.jpg

That's a fantastic tie on the right. Care to sell it to me :p?

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
That's a fantastic tie on the right. Care to sell it to me :p?

XD I haven't even worn it yet.

Donegal tweeds can fool you. That is a fairly contemporary tie. They were popular in the 80s if memory serves me correctly.

Well, it has the length of a later-'50s/'60s ties. I really thought I had found a unique pre-1970's tie.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy