Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

elawarno

New in Town
Happy new year,everyone:)
I got recentry.

1940s tie
1940s%2520Bold%2520Flowers%2520Tie.jpg

No reason why. That's all done by machine anyway. The reason they don't do it is there's no market. People seem to want woven fabrics only, and won't touch printeds. It's a long time indeed since I saw a new made printed tie.

Nice one! Knot planned ties look great. They should still make those. The printing and material cutting would cost more though. :p

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
No reason why. That's all done by machine anyway. The reason they don't do it is there's no market. People seem to want woven fabrics only, and won't touch printeds. It's a long time indeed since I saw a new made printed tie.

It really is a shame, because all I see are solid and striped ties (solids especially on U.S. politicians). There was a surge of printed ties in the '90s, but since then it was back to dullness...

Qirrel

Practically Family

I see them all the time. But I guess you mean those with more interesting prints, like the ones seen in this thread?

It is done by machine but the layout on the fabric makes it so you can only cut it one way and you get less ties out of the yardage than when you have the same rep pattern all over it. It doesn't really matter which way you cut it then. It is all about gett ing the most out of whatever fabric they use.
I have seen plenty of prints around. They are just ugly. That is why people don't buy them. Just ask Widebrim about a few examples I brought for the tie seminar. lol lol
Ugly:

$(KGrHqFHJE!FCdcQF!kiBQvlkQhVtg~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqIOKjYE3QRb,706BN+8qSfYU!~~0_3.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJI!E9qSO9evfBQ1pmjwydQ~~60_3.JPG

My son could do better with crayons. PU!

ernesto

New in Town
Hello,
here are some ties , which i like to share with you
13008399lk.jpg

13008410wk.jpg

The brand of the second tie is Au carnaval de Venise Constantine

13008418bp.jpg

13008451mf.jpg

13008483vm.jpg

13008491jz.jpg

13008504yu.jpg

Could you tell the date of the ties ?

Last edited:

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Nice one! Knot planned ties look great. They should still make those. The printing and material cutting would cost more though. :p

I believe I saw a new one being worn by a black minister, but he had the knot material portion pulled down too far so it didn't look right. The design was too ugly, also. It's rare that I go into men's clothing stores anymore, but when I do I'll go glance over the necktie section and shake my head in wonderment why the designs are so horrible....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou