Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

And the tie of the day is:
$T2eC16dHJH!FFmOQ24E8BRzGhSvS4!~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16RHJF8FFplrhV56BRzGhgrQhQ~~60_57.JPG

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
here's my weekend tie finds, I don't think any have any great age? though I do like most of them and they're all wearable;
so3c61.jpg
3445rup.jpg

Left to right, FORTUNE TIE, FORTUNE TIE (both early terylene I think) then a Macclesfield silk made in Macclesfield, then a wool tie made for 'The National Trust' then a wool Tootal, MACASETA Ltd 'terylene again made in Macclesfield and lastly a bee motif again in terylene by Folkspeare.
I'll post some more pics later when I get time but this one for now....sadly the image of the label got lost uploading but I'll put it up asap;
2dig8ow.jpg

UPDATE here's the label, tie is 53" x 3 1/8"tip;
2ugib6a.jpg

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
late start to work day so time to post a few pics, first up Tootal woolen tie(54" x 2 3/4" tip) , unsure of age though I am guessing post 1965...TT?
2liv8le.jpg
5dnzn6.jpg

It's in good condition just needs a quick zip over with the 'fuzz away'.

Next 'The Fortune Brothers' gold is 53" x 2 1/2" tip, brown'ring' one is 49" x 3" tip;
et7k47.jpg

ax1hlk.jpg
2vjzx1l.jpg

Last edited:

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Here's a couple older ties, neither of them have a label and I don't really know anything about either one. Both are unlined.

1930s red and orange.
IMGP1223.jpg

1930s or older, very short. I don't know exactly how old this one is, but it's shorter and narrower than my NRA labeled tie, so I think it could be older than 1933.
IMGP1213.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here's a couple older ties, neither of them have a label and I don't really know anything about either one. Both are unlined.

1930s red and orange.
View attachment 2412

1930s or older, very short. I don't know exactly how old this one is, but it's shorter and narrower than my NRA labeled tie, so I think it could be older than 1933.
View attachment 2411

Both are solid, especially the red and orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen