Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Picked this one out of the 'bay last week. Not really sure of the age, there are no tags left. Super color and hand painted flourish. Little jewels in the artwork. Love this one a lot.
26Nov20 1950s Hand Painted blue tie 550x.jpg
26Nov20 1950s Hand Painted blue tie detail 600x.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Picked this one out of the 'bay last week. Not really sure of the age, there are no tags left. Super color and hand painted flourish. Little jewels in the artwork. Love this one a lot.
View attachment 284259 View attachment 284260
Nice one, Mike. That dark blue curve running up the tie is sweet.

I pulled out a no name today, too.
IMG_7752 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7753 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
No idea what it's made out of. The hand feels kind of polyester, but it's very thin and lightweight fabric, which old polyester usually isn't.
IMG_7763 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Saturday,
Michael

No idea what it's made out of. The hand feels kind of polyester, but it's very thin and lightweight fabric, which old polyester usually isn't.
Have a good Saturday,
Michael
I love the bold colors on this one. Perfect autumn tie. Pity all of our leaves have fallen by now.

View attachment 284259 View attachment 284260
Super nice one!! Pretty sure that's from the 1950s. I have a couple similar, with the tiny jewels that make them shimmer when they catch the light.
P_20201129_095715.jpg

The one with leaves is an Andre of California, the one with the bull and cactus is a Pilgrim.
P_20201129_095721.jpg

It still has the original paper label. Handwritten on back is the price...$2

Last edited:

Have a good Saturday,
Michael
Also a super nice one, Michael.it looks airbrushed. Hard to peg the age of that one. The graphics remind me of some I've seen on old enameled metal bowls and platters. It looks great with the loden.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Also a super nice one, Michael.it looks airbrushed. Hard to peg the age of that one. The graphics remind me of some I've seen on old enameled metal bowls and platters. It looks great with the loden.
Thanks Dale. Everything goes with Loden, doesn't it? Ha ha

That was a great set you posted this morning. Fun to find the ones with the original paper.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday afternoon and this morning I made opportunities to wear a tie.

Yesterday I wore a outdoor themed tie with ducks on it. This Character Cravat tie is grand!

i-MBJr2Dd-M.jpg

i-nthXVsQ-M.jpg

i-CqQkHQH-M.jpg

This morning an essential trip presented another opportunity to wear a Haband Tie I have worn before. It presents birch trees which frequent my "backyard."

i-8pPsJHV-M.jpg

i-wMXJtqV-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
A very nice pair of ties, Eric. Couple of nice looking cardigans, too.

Michael

Yesterday afternoon and this morning I made opportunities to wear a tie.

Yesterday I wore a outdoor themed tie with ducks on it. This Character Cravat tie is grand!

i-MBJr2Dd-M.jpg

i-nthXVsQ-M.jpg

i-CqQkHQH-M.jpg

This morning an essential trip presented another opportunity to wear a Haband Tie I have worn before. It presents birch trees which frequent my "backyard."

i-8pPsJHV-M.jpg

i-wMXJtqV-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Wow!!! Back to back beautiful ties! You certainly have a most enviable collection, Eric. The duck ties are ALWAYS a winner and the winter trees are second to none. I am more than grateful to have the ties I have, but I am still watchful for one like that.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
^^^^^ Great looking duck tie whether red or green headed @Michael A ! Stay out of the brambles with that jacket.

The colors might be off a little, but those graphics are on target! That's a great one Michael. An interesting jacket, too. I'd have to agree with Bob about it.
Thanks guys. I agree about the sweater jacket. It was made over Des Moines way by Bob Allen and I think designed more for the skeet range than the field. I probably should have dug out one of my Gun Club hats to wear with it.

Thanks,
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner