Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Peacoat

Bartender
I have been watching this thread with interest. All of my ties are club ties or regimental stripes. I'm afraid you guys would find them boring. I still wear the same type ties I wore in high school and college. But in the interest of giving them representation, here are examples of my ties. I have about 50 or 60 of them.

shopping.png
shopping stipes.png
shopping1.png
shopping2.png

And one representative of one of my club ties:

s51097.jpg

I have been watching this thread with interest. All of my ties are club ties or regimental stripes. I'm afraid you guys would find them boring. I still wear the same type ties I wore in high school and college. But in the interest of giving them representation, here are examples of my ties. I have about 50 or 60 of them.

View attachment 277867 View attachment 277868 View attachment 277869 View attachment 277870

And one representative of one of my club ties:

View attachment 277872
I have a few in my collection. Some I've had since college and occasionally I'll pick up vintage one if I come across it and like the colors. I suppose if a necktie was part of my daily wardrobe I'd have a lot more. They're a pretty classic style.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Morning escapades completed in a vintage tie.

DSC03731-M.jpg

DSC03715-M.jpg

DSC03716-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Incredible Eric! Great colors and style.

WOW!! Did I see this one on Ebay recently? Love some hand painted beauties.

Loving the Holly Vogue, Dave. You've been pulling a lot of winners out of the tie lottery lately.

Today it's a Ingalls "Ties the Nation"
IMG_7173 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I thought I might have a bird feathers tie when Matt showed his the other day.
IMG_7172 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7183 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Sunday,
Michael
Love this one Michael.

Went with neckwear of a different flavor a couple of times recently
IMG_7196 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Artisan made here in town from gingham cotton seersucker
IMG_7153 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Brooks Brothers silk foulard printed in England

Michael
You rock! I have a cheap Ebay cravat coming from China to see if I can pull this off. The jury is out. I suppose these are vintage? Have to start looking for this style. Hard to find though, too classy for my redneck thrift stores in my area.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Love this one Michael.

You rock! I have a cheap Ebay cravat coming from China to see if I can pull this off. The jury is out. I suppose these are vintage? Have to start looking for this style. Hard to find though, too classy for my redneck thrift stores in my area.
Thanks Mike. I think the Brooks Brothers are at least a few years old, though they do still have cravats on their website. Or did recently at least. I got two of these at my favorite thrift. I also found two gingham check cotton ones there that were new with tags and handmade here in town. The silk ones are very comfortable on the neck in hot weather or cold. I think you will like them.

Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112