Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

FDC87E9A-9A2F-4C93-A52B-AB8AFEE4E65A.jpeg

I tip my brim in your direction. That is surely a WOW tie.

Eric -

Thanks Eric! Just trying to "hang" (a necktie pun) with you guys and your spectacular ties.

Nice pheasant tie, Bob. I don't think I've found one of those, which seems odd since I'm in a big pheasant state.

Thanks Michael! Maybe the pheasant ties become family heirlooms.

Nice pheasant tie, Bob. I don't think I've found one of those, which seems odd since I'm in a big pheasant state.

Today it's a simple Lands' End knit silk for me.
IMG_7035 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7054 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Made in Italy.

Have a good day,
Michael

That one really takes me back a bit, Michael.

That style of knit tie was really popular when I was in high school, along with tweed jackets. I had a few of them in different colors.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Eric! Just trying to "hang" (a necktie pun) with you guys and your spectacular ties.

Thanks Michael! Maybe the pheasant ties become family heirlooms.
Could be Bob. I saw a pheasant while I was walkabout today and heard one or two more.

That one really takes me back a bit, Michael.

That style of knit tie was really popular when I was in high school, along with tweed jackets. I had a few of them in different colors.
Someone of your age must have sent a big donation to my favorite thrift. I found 3 or 5 of these Lands' End models at one go. Some silk and some wool if I recall. I rather like them in the winter.

Thanks,
Michael

Bob and Dale, I'll see your pretty pheasant ties and raise you an evil Swans.
IMG_7063 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7062 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Esquire is the brand and the fabric is not labeled.

Have a good day,
Michael
I hesitate to call it killer...because those swans look like they might. Its a great one, though, no matter how fatal it may or may not be.

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I hesitate to call it killer...because those swans look like they might. Its a great one, though, no matter how fatal it may or may not be.
I think they gave me nightmares last night.

Nabbed one today with a classic design....perfectly inappropriate for nearly any occasion.....

View attachment 277541
Absolutely perfect. I'd have to wear that one every day. Ha ha.

Then I will stand by you and your swans, Michael, and counter the pheasants with parrots:
32148250hj.jpg
32148251dr.jpg
Nice parrots, Matt. And a great plumage tie, too. I need to do a deep look through of my tie collection. I sort of remember one with a parrot on it.

Thanks,
Michael

I am excited this lunchtime. A friend sourced a couple of great ties for me.

123334224_4183626958330889_4682436354844178535_o-M.jpg

123798129_406350010772363_8558916976798571158_n-M.jpg

They should arrive in a week or so. I am pumped with a NTD (New Tie Day) coming.

Cheers, Eric -
Fantastic finds, Eric!!! You can't go wrong with the duck ties...or any kind of birds for that matter...and that one with the lumberjacks is a real gem! A rare pattern and you're a lucky individual to add it to your archive. Congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo