Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
Not the best photo, but I couldn't resist! That's my Thruxton in the foreground at the local motorcycle shop. If you think a couple of Hippies got into it and drove away, you would be 180 degrees off! The driver was about 6"4" tall, shaved head, looked like the President of the Hells Angels. His wife was a lot smaller and nice looking. Both were real friendly, told how they drove down to South Carolina and back with their dog.
Smart1_zps5267bc7a.jpg

Those weren't hippies. They were cheap crazies saving gas and risking their lives. lol lol

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Not the best photo, but I couldn't resist! That's my Thruxton in the foreground at the local motorcycle shop. If you think a couple of Hippies got into it and drove away, you would be 180 degrees off! The driver was about 6"4" tall, shaved head, looked like the President of the Hells Angels. His wife was a lot smaller and nice looking. Both were real friendly, told how they drove down to South Carolina and back with their dog.
Smart1_zps5267bc7a.jpg

I should have mentioned, everyone was taking photos when they saw this! They were all coming out of the shop, a descent sized crowd formed. Not sure a Bugatti Veyron would have received much more attention.

Right...
The 68 Parklane is a great car, given the powerful engine and compliments inside.
In fact, a fan bought the original 5-0 car and spent several years restoring it.
Here is a picture of the inside...
View attachment 21059

Big ugly steering wheel. Check. Ugly fake wood. Check. Cheap plastic knobs. Check. A big engine with smog junk on it. No thanks.

I should have mentioned, everyone was taking photos when they saw this! They were all coming out of the shop, a descent sized crowd formed. Not sure a Bugatti Veyron would have received much more attention.

Yes but the results would have been different with the Veyron. Everyone would be impressed and taking pictures. That little turd was surrounded by people pointing and laughing. lol lol

A trip to SC from Colorado in THAT thing?? :eeek: And with a dog?

Lord Stirling

Familiar Face
Lord Sterling, I love those Mercs, buddy. That one looks to be in stellar condition!

Stellar, indeed! I really lucked out with her. She's a Texas car, so very little rust. Low mileage. Pristine original interior. Could hardly ask for more. She could use a paint job and a little body work but I've been pampering her since I got her. She'll be all taken care of eventually.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Yes but the results would have been different with the Veyron. Everyone would be impressed and taking pictures. That little turd was surrounded by people pointing and laughing. lol lol

Isn't the Veyron just an oversized Turd? This is the Bugatti I would like to own, even if it's a replica! They don't call it "Pur Sang," (pure blood,) for nothing! [video=youtube;RR8tyY6g4Rs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR8tyY6g4Rs[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn